Axe Fx ll as only PT interface....

diggi

Inspired
I'm curious about something -

Is there a way to use the "ll" as a sole interface with Pro Tools (10), and monitor the guitar input / output solely (just) in an armed audio track? (not direct from Axe ll to speakers)
I've got the system set up now to record and play-back in PT, with my VI's working, etc. But I can't figure out how to "turn off" the direct signal from the Axe to speakers, which means if I want to record a guitar track panned left, I hear sound in stereo. Surely you could just turn off one speaker to achieved the desired effect while tracking, but I wonder if there is a more efficient way of achieving what I'm curious about, and after :)

If so, how?

Peace!

Mac Pro
SL 10.6.8
PT 10
Axe 2

Yes, it is possible and very simple to set up, I have the same setup in my Pro Tools 9. All you have to do is to ad an FX loop block at the end of your signal chain, and cut the chain after that block, don't continue the chain to the end of the grid. Like this your signal is sent to Pro Tools through the usb connection and you only hear the signal coming back from Pro Tools, not the direct signal.

Yes, it is possible and very simple to set up, I have the same setup in my Pro Tools 9. All you have to do is to ad an FX loop block at the end of your signal chain, and cut the chain after that block, don't continue the chain to the end of the grid. Like this your signal is sent to Pro Tools through the usb connection and you only hear the signal coming back from Pro Tools, not the direct signal.

Marcus, thank you. That is what I "kinda" suspected would be the answer/key. I wasn't in front of the 2 at the time of posting and didn't want to forget my question, but couldn't test it :)

Say, are you noticing any demonstrable latency in monitoring that way? (perhaps not with Low Latency Monitoring or a buffer of 32/64)

Kind regards,

Hey!

I had a chance to try this and though I understand why it would work, it isn't.

I'm not sure where I went wrong?

- added FXL to the end of the signal chain (changed nothing in the default parameters)
- Aggregate device is instantiated with AXE ll (sound) IN and OUT

Thoughts?

Hey mate, how did u manage using it through USB with Pro tools 10 ? i just bought it 2 days ago and im a little bit lost with it

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom