Axe-Fx ll and Rokit Monitors (8 inch)

RWengrzyn

Trying not to have to buy powered FR and thought I could use my Rokits (which I use as studio monitors for recording). Have a focusrite scarlett and was thinking I could go through that (my interface for Logic Pro X) and that would work? Totally working in the studio and would not bring it to gigs,. Seems a waste putting it into a amp and cab and powered speakers seems to be the better way to go.

Any suggestions? Looking to buy an FX ll used, then connect it to the rokits.

Thanks
Axeman

That would be a quite similar to my setup at home. I think it suffices for studio work, but... 1) It is not the absolutely best sounding setup in the world. Some people would prefer to go extra mileage to get better speakers; 2) if you're used to traditional amps you might miss a bit of the "amp in the room" feel.

If you're only doing studio work, I would even ditch the scarlet and use the axe as its own interface.

I have the older KRK Rokit 6 monitors and I use them all the time with my Axe FX 2 Mk2. I love how they sound :)

I use Rokit 8's and a 10" sub with my Axe.
I recently bought a Scarlett as well.

One thing I I have noticed if that plugging both XLR from the AxeFX into the monitors, plus the balanced speaker outs from the Scarlett, cancels out the input from the AxeFX. Highly annoying. Worked fine when I plugged XLR and RCA at the same time...

Back
Top Bottom