AXE-FX IV - WISH List

AxeFX Next Gen

• USB C interface would be ideal, given the direction of future-facing tech.
  • I'd love to see Bluetooth support so that we can use our phone or iPad as a live display / controller.
  • USB support for ingestion of set lists / updates from a thumb drive.
  • 9V output to the controller to provide power for other gizmos on the pedalboard.
  • Clock display on the AxeFX that can also be shown on foot controller.
  • +1 for the audio player block that can load a stored sample from thumb drive for playback.

For foot controller Next Gen

• Larger displays for each button, similar to the MasterMind GT series.
  • +1 for reverse text option
  • The next-gen controller should also have a USB connection allowing it to act as a standalone controller for the computer itself. The MasterMind GT pedals can do this now, which is super handy.
  • Optional battery pack for those who want to use wireless MIDI. Even if FAS uses someone else's battery assembly, it would be ideal to have one that is designated as FAS-tested and approved.

Once AR glasses are affordable and decent, it'd be great to have some kind of cool controller / display interface. I'd love to get rid of my controller board entirely with the exception of a pair of expression pedals. That would be fantastic!

I'll chime in...
I'd like it if the amps & effects worked just as they do IRL, i.e., the controls on the Authentic page were exactly the same as the unit they model, and the effects would have a new page called 'Authentic.' Keep the Ideal page if wanted or needed, but being able to use a model exactly, or as close as possible, as it works on the physical unit I believe would be helpful.
The knobs will never work in the same manner in terms of values, due to component drifts on the real amps so it shouldnt matter, but having the same labelled switches and knobs is what you're suggesting as i understand(which is in the 3 on some amps to some extent).( would have to do it channel wise though)

So having them look same would be a nice cosmetic addition making it maybe feel more like the real thing in terms of how our mind perceives it.

But a lot of us do not like the real thing and prefer how everything is in fractal instead standardised is much much better. but i do agree having the extra option doesn't harm and may add appeal to a lot of people.

Personally for me i feel at this point i would want fractal to drift away from real amps and go as beyond as possible in terms of what it does, Trying to sound and look like a real amp just doesnt seem appealing all of them have limited capabilities.

Its time to create something to be able to manipulate the guitar signal into something that we want without the constraints( to as much extent as possible) the physical parts they are modelled on introduce. its already been possible with all the advanced tweaking, but we're still affected by the back end design of the amp thats been written for the particular amp, we are tweaking.

Something truly not thought of and futuristic is what i want the axe 4 to be. I am pretty damn sure Cliff thinks on similar lines maybe in a different manner. IIRC , he in fact doesn't like modelling other amps after introduction of FAS amps as he finds them alot more less constrained, and models other amps only because the consumers want it that way.

Last edited:
  • More cpu capacity of course.
  • Fully Independent modifiers accross block channels.
  • Polyphonic Option for Synth block.
  • Selectable note values with octave for synth block voices (ie set voice to "C#3") - modifierable.
  • Stereo amp block option (or allow for 3 amp blocks).
  • Mix and match preamp/ power amp models.
  • Independant power amp only models.
  • Add full doubletracker effect capability to enhancer block.
  • Add some tone shaping options (eq) to the output side of the rotary block.
  • Allow 4 pitch blocks.
  • Tube swap modelling that includes automated adjustment of all associated amp parameters related to typical tube swaps.
  • FP homescreen option with super large patch/scene name lettering.

Last edited:
Many of the above.

Double processing power.

A port to chain more than one Axe-Fx device together that lets them work as a single device.

USB stick recording for the looper and playback of pre-recorded and backing tracks.

Bluetooth for streaming audio (in) and editing.

Double width display with additional push encoders. The control interface could be moved far right and current i/o meters could be moved to the larger display screen.

Crossfading
Channel
Changing

(...which you can toggle on or off for any given block; and the Crossfade time is set at the Preset level, with the option of using a note value)

Also, crossfading block on/off, so that when you go to a scene where the block is on from a scene where the block is off, it crossfades from a shunt to the sound of the block.

Back
Top Bottom