Axe-Fx IV round the corner?

I'm sure that Fractal is working on a IV, it would be bad business sense to sit back and do nothing and just crank out current product ad infinitum. But I don't see much pressure for Fractal to release it. The competition has nothing that can rival the III in performance, let alone be better. Kemper seems happy on the leaning back, do nothing and crank out current product ad infinitum strategy and Line 6 seems happy on snatching up the 80% of the performance of the Axe-FX at only a fraction of the cost market. As it is the old Axe II is still superior in performance and sound to the best those rivals have on offer. And I suspect the biggest reason Fractal released the III was because the IC's used in the II were no longer in production.

If you want the kitchen sink, use a normal analog pedalboard. The Axe FX 3 is designed to be dozens of kitchen sinks. You just have to plan it properly. Split it up into two presets, or use less stuff. An analog pedalboard is limited by space, and budget. AxeFx 3...by CPU. There will always be limits.

Back
Top Bottom