Axe-Fx IV release estimate?

wow super useful answers thanks everyone!
This subject is not a black and white thing.... There's gray area here,
I understand why the guy is trying to take into consideration the possibility of a new AXE FX dropping soon.
He did not say he would wait for years for a new one..... and yes! that would be crazy.....
But he mentioned that he already has another modeler from a different company.... So it's not like he's sitting around without being able to play.
He just wants to make and informed decision and a sensible purchase.
I'd be the first one to say that holding on for too long makes no sense since there will always be a new model coming down the line....
But there's also that shitty feeling of being the guy who buys a gadget right before they announce the "brand new one" coming out.
There's nothing wrong with doing a little research before buying anything.

I can see why the guy is asking. He doesn't want to buy the III only to find out a few months later a III MKII is coming out that has some additional features. I get it.
When I first got my II I was new to the forum and came on asking just such questions. When you're not sitting on the inside for a while, you don't kn ow what you don't know. So no harm in asking I say.

AxeFX IV speculation is so eight months ago. The cool kids are arguing about the AxeFX V. The general consensus is that it still won't have a KLON model. :)
Also: buy the AxeFX III. It continues to astonish me with its power and tone capabilities. This is the best gear purchase of my life, hands down.

wow these answers baffle me. Are none of you part of a business? Where I work, when we release new products we always guestimate at a lifecycle. Pretty much all businesses do this and im 100% certain Cliff at fractal does the same. Often you can look at their release history to get a guestimate. Do things change...YES, but it doesn't hurt to be informed before buying. Just doing my homework. I have a Helix and it is serving me ok...and if there was a likely hood the AXE IV would come out this year then id hold off but if it is very unlikely then im jumping in.

This same question is posed pretty regularly. The respondents are a little jaded. If it’s any consolation, I’m still quite pleased with my AFII and, mostly since I’m over the learning curve, I have no immediate plans to upgrade. But, I do have an FM3 waiting to be unboxed but... that’s not the same as upgrading. I was just curious. 😜 My advice would be; don’t wait to jump in. There’s a pretty steep learning curve. Guitar chops being the same, a skilled operator on a III is probably gonna sound a lot better than a newbie on a IV.

Wow... Someone else who actually knows who Guiffria is! :D

Gregg was in a band called Angel with a local DC legend Punky Meadows on guitar. After Angel broke up is when Guiffria came about. Meanwhile, Punky turned down playing with Kiss and Aerosmith - whoops. After that I think times were tough for Punky for a while - I used to see him working the door at the Crazy Horse in Georgetown.

Gregg was in a band called Angel with a local DC legend Punky Meadows on guitar. After Angel broke up is when Guiffria came about. Meanwhile, Punky turned down playing with Kiss and Aerosmith - whoops. After that I think times were tough for Punky for a while - I used to see him working the door at the Crazy Horse in Georgetown.

That’s crazy! I worked the door at Crazy Horse back in the mid 80’s. If I recall, a couple of guys named Stanley and Dennis ran the place back then. All of the doormen were military or ex military. It was a pretty insane place to work.

Last edited:
That’s crazy! I worked the door at Crazy Horse back in the mid 80’s. If I recall, a couple of guys named Stanley and Dennis ran the Bayou back then. All of the doormen were military or ex military. It was a pretty insane place to work.

You remember the one bartender that worked there forever that used to get up and play keys with the bands playing behind the bar? He was a good player - I wonder what happened to him.

You remember the one bartender that worked there forever that used to get up and play keys with the bands playing behind the bar? He was a good player - I wonder what happened to him.
I definitely do - short guy, mustache, sandy brown hair... I used to drive him home after work. His name was Eric. Great guy.

I have a vague memory of Angel. I think they had a video in rotation on Headbangers Ball at some point.

Edit:

Also, I'm pretty sure I learned of Giuffria because Dio's guitarist Craig Goldy came from that band.

I definitely do - short guy, mustache, sandy brown hair... I used to drive him home after work. His name was Eric. Great guy.

That's him! He was a prolific bell ringer too :)

Winstons and Crazy Horse were my goto bars starting at age 15. Those were good times.

Back
Top Bottom