Axe-Fx IV release estimate?

I know this is a loaded question that we just may not know but has there been any pattern to how often Fractal is releasing new units? I want to invest into a Fractal but do not want to buy something which will be replaced in a year. I know FM3 was just announced so likely that isn't getting replaced anytime soon but my real interest lies in the full AXE-FX units in this case the III...when do we guestimate the IV will come? Thanks!

I’d just hold off for the V model myself....

You know sooner or later after you buy a IV the V will come along.....
Again...I know this was a loaded question so no need for these types of comments. I just have no idea when each unit has been released and figured someone could chime in on an estimate.

Because there's no estimate on new units being released. Even when asked about a new Axe FX III FAS said there were no plans for it and that the Axe FX II was going strong as ever, and then they suddenly announced the III... That's how technology rolls.

Axe Fx II was released on May 2011, the III on March 2018. AX8 lived a shorter period of glory, tho...

Fact is nobody but Cliff has any idea. So there is no such thing as a useful answer.
understood but it is a business and businesses have timelines. Do those timelines change? Absolutely, but if you don't think Cliff had a number of years in mind for the AXEIII then you are crazy OR he is bad at business. Just saying...I don't know all the models and the dates they were released so I figured id ask here to see if anyone has these time lines written and maybe we could estimate.

Years from Axe-FX n to Axe-FX (n+1) = 2n + 3

Axe-FX (standard): 2006
Axe-FX II: 2011
Axe-FX III: 2018
Axe-FX IV: 2027
Thanks...weren't there in between models after AXE-FX II? I think called XL or something or was that something completely different?

What is the meaning of life? When is the world going to end? Will the Fed drop rates a quarter or half point? And then what will it do? It is not a loaded question, it is a question with no known answer. If you need or want a Axe now, buy it now. Otherwise don’t.
wow these answers baffle me. Are none of you part of a business? Where I work, when we release new products we always guestimate at a lifecycle. Pretty much all businesses do this and im 100% certain Cliff at fractal does the same. Often you can look at their release history to get a guestimate. Do things change...YES, but it doesn't hurt to be informed before buying. Just doing my homework. I have a Helix and it is serving me ok...and if there was a likely hood the AXE IV would come out this year then id hold off but if it is very unlikely then im jumping in.

Just remember FAS is no Apple. They just don't get into the business of launching new models every year just with new colors and whatnot. If you watch the history of changes made between models, you'll see they were so significant to completely guarantee a new model to be presented. Even the Axe Fx II to the Mk II to the XL and Xl+ had significant changes, but shared the same modeling architecture (G3 modeling and Quantum). The Axe Fx III is the first of a new family sharing the new ARES topology.

So i guess a year from now you'll be totally safe buying a brand new III.

You're safe in getting a III. When you buy a Fractal product, you're not just purchasing the unit and technology of the year it was conceived... you're getting "the Fractal Experience" - ie: regular, major improvements and expansion of capabilities for years to come.. new amp models, improved modeling breakthroughs, new fx, workflow improvements, etc... I have never done business with a company in any industry that is so dedicated to ongoing improvement of their products.

Thanks...weren't there in between models after AXE-FX II? I think called XL or something or was that something completely different?

The in-between models (Axe-Fx to Axe-Fx Ultra, Axe-Fx II to II XL, etc) were basically small, iterative improvements to some parts of the hardware. Like for the XL, all the CPU processing power was the same, but there was more memory to store additional patches and cabs, and small things like that.

So basically, if you're looking to get an Axe-Fx III, you really won't miss out on just getting the the current OG version of the Axe-Fx 3. I got an Axe-Fx II when it came out and never had GAS for the II XL. I'd imagine the situation is going to be similar with the III.

Also, as for your question about product release timelines, if you look at the trends, any timeline info you might want to know has always been kept really close to the chest at Fractal, with any new announcements made only a small few months before release.

Back
Top Bottom