Axe Fx in to Art SLA1 power amp

wcfieldskx

Power User
Hey guys, i just got this power amp and am running it in to a 4x10 cab through both channels. For some reason, protect mode on the power amp is going on even a fairly low volumes (channel 1). The other channel is fine at loud volumes. I've looked around can't seem to figure this out. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Are you using out 1? If so, you're sending a mic signal into the amp and you're clipping it. You should copy out 1 to out 2 and use the fx loop unbalanced 1/4" out jacks. Or don't copy out 1-2 and just put an fxl block in your presets before your cab sim. This way you can go out 1 (w cab sims) to FOH and out 2 (w/o cab) to your amp.

Are you using out 1? If so, you're sending a mic signal into the amp and you're clipping it. You should copy out 1 to out 2 and use the fx loop unbalanced 1/4" out jacks. Or don't copy out 1-2 and just put an fxl block in your presets before your cab sim. This way you can go out 1 (w cab sims) to FOH and out 2 (w/o cab) to your amp.

Thanks. Can i turn cab simulation on only through the XLR outs? And turn it off on the 1/4" outs?

this is incorrect. It is ok to send the xlr signal to the SLA. It works as I had that setup for a long time. If you do not have the volume cranked on the axe or are not clipping the axes outputs it should be fine. More likely your amp has a problem and it needs service. Of course, check all of your cables and connections first.

this is incorrect. It is ok to send the xlr signal to the SLA. It works as I had that setup for a long time. If you do not have the volume cranked on the axe or are not clipping the axes outputs it should be fine. More likely your amp has a problem and it needs service. Of course, check all of your cables and connections first.

Just bought the amp today, brand new in the box....

xlr into the amp should be fine, as long as the clip lights don't come on. the fact that the Protect mode comes on could point to something wrong with the amp itself.

if you could shoot a video using the amp, all the lights on it, connections etc, we could help you better. pictures could help too, but a vid might really do it.

Thanks guys. Just tried the 1/4" in to the amp instead of the XLR's and that works fine. Can crank it right up, no issues. Is there maybe a setting on the Axe i need to check or change for the XLR outs?

Thanks guys. Just tried the 1/4" in to the amp instead of the XLR's and that works fine. Can crank it right up, no issues. Is there maybe a setting on the Axe i need to check or change for the XLR outs?

Thats not going to have anything to do with it. Your problem sounds like it is ether an output issue with the amp or your shorting both channes at the cab if your running the amp in stereo mode into a mono cab ie input with an extension jack plate. If this is the case make sure the the amp is set to run in bridged mono and use both positive posts on the back of the amp.

Back
Top Bottom