Axe-Fx III with Meloaudio MIDI commander

teof

Inspired
Hey guys, I finally took the plunge! Given up waiting for FM3 and decided to settle for the best.
Sold off my AX8 in earlier in May hoping that FM3 will be out. Waited way too long and finally finally.... settled for my dream rig!
My Axe FX III came last evening and spent the entire night setting it up, tidying up the cables, USB etc. Haha..
Seriously haven't had enough time to mess with the tones but the factory presets are already a killer.
I'm looking at a foot controller next and chanced upon Meloaudio MIDI commander. Just wondering if anyone of you are using it and your experience with it.
Happy to take suggestion for affordable alternatives. Many thanks guys!

What are your plans and requirements for a controller?

Different controllers will meet different requirements.

No experience with this one but I seem to recall it doesn't support scene or channel changes. I might be wrong, though.

Im looking at using it for scenes & presets changes and perhaps the ability to toggle a few efx on/off...e.g. drive, delay, reverb. Not looking at wah/expression. Pretty much for home and practice studio use. Something compact will be great.

Im looking at using it for scenes & presets changes and perhaps the ability to toggle a few efx on/off...e.g. drive, delay, reverb. Not looking at wah/expression. Pretty much for home and practice studio use. Something compact will be great.
You'll probably want to investigate the manual for the Melaudio then.

Anything that can send PCs can do preset and scene changes via the Preset Mapping function. However, that is limited as you have to map every preset+scene combination to an preset change and that limits you to 128 in total.

Turning effects on/off requires sending CCs.

Most basic midi controllers can send PCs and CCs.

Take a look at my MX footcontrollers. Big difference with the Melaudio is that they sync with the Axe-Fx III.

Syncing preset name, scene name, active scene, block Fx on/off state, block Fx selected channel, tuner info.....

With 5 different models (2x3, 3x3, 3x4, 2x6, 3x6), I'm sure one of them will fit your needs.

mx.jpg

More info on www.voes.be

Take a look at my MX footcontrollers. Big difference with the Melaudio is that they sync with the Axe-Fx III.

Syncing preset name, scene name, active scene, block Fx on/off state, block Fx selected channel, tuner info.....

With 5 different models (2x3, 3x3, 3x4, 2x6, 3x6), I'm sure one of them will fit your needs.

View attachment 60129

More info on www.voes.be
Any plans to place large lcds for each button?

But back to the OP's question, how does the MA work with the AX3? I'm in the same boat as the OP, preset and scene changes/access is all I need.

Back
Top Bottom