Axe Fx III with Eventide Eclipse

I have an Eclipse in my Marshall rig rack, too. My favorite preset is 444 Chorus/Delay/Verb with light tweaks and mix set at ~30%. For me, it was "on" all the time as the basis for my ideal 80's tone. I haven't been able to get close to that sound with the A3.

Honestly, I've been determined to ween myself from it, but I still miss it at times. It adds color, depth, and width to a mono setup that sounds like a glorious stereo rig. Great for a mono FOH configurations

That's the thing. I was running Eclipse and also a Lexicon PCM81 with Kemper when the profiler was still having less than stellar effects onboard. After a few more updates, I foolishly sold off the Lexicon and Eclipse thinking that the new effects upgrade in the Kemper was good enough. Boy, I was wrong! The algorithms on the Eclipse and Lexicon are hard to duplicate (although the Axe Fx III is the closest right now in cloning those). It's not just that— the units just impart their unique signature sound.

Case in point— I like the detune effects on the Axe FX III for my 80s Mike Landau/Dann Huff preset. But when I insert the Eventide Micropitch into the same Axe FX III preset, the sound is just right. Also, the same Micropitch used (in my funk guitar preset) without delay and minimum reverb is just so useable in a mix.

I actually used Javajunkie's preset as the starting point for my AX8 when I decided to move away from my analog rig to something far more portable but could never get it to sound the same as the MarkV/Eclipse as the analog rig was then. AngelicEchoes is great for doing Beck like volume swells and whammy bar bends of harmonics.

I’ve always loved the presets in the Eclipse, but is there anything it does that the Axe can’t or at least get like 95% there? One preset I wanted to recreate is Angelic Echoes but I didn’t have any luck.
I recreated that pretty close on the 2 a long time ago. Oh some already said that :)

Case in point— I like the detune effects on the Axe FX III for my 80s Mike Landau/Dann Huff preset. But when I insert the Eventide Micropitch into the same Axe FX III preset, the sound is just right. Also, the same Micropitch used (in my funk guitar preset) without delay and minimum reverb is just so useable in a mix.

Would really love to hear the difference please .......I have always liked how the H3000 detune sounded...unfortunately haven't experienced myself the 2 side by side....only by ear...

Here ya go. Sounds better IMO.
Wow! Thanks Cliff. Can't wait to try this out later.

I recreated that pretty close on the 2 a long time ago. Oh some already said that :)
It was weird when I converted it with Fractool. The amp or cab levels were insanely high. But I just deleted them and added new blocks and it sounded great. Added in some chorus on the delay block and some diffusion and as a final touch used the golden ratio Leon posted about the other day. i'm not sure how it compares to the original since I've only heard clips online, but man it sound great. And that's all that really matters.

I revamped my old one for the III. I tweaked to my taste. You can adjust the amount of pitch with the mixer block. Probably could have add some more repeats to the delay. Scene 2 cuts out pitch and just leaves delay. Oh and volume block attached ext1. It also sound coll if you modulate the pitch block at ~.620hz w/ ~50% depth. I replaced the file with some scenes.

Attachments

• Java Angelic Echo 12.06.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom