Axe fx III with electric hurdy gurdy

I'm really curious although I have zero experience with hurdy gurdy:
- what pedalboard do you use? That looper trick you mentioned is really clever, so how do you setup that etc.?
- what IR's are you using? Would be interesting to know what works with an instrument like that.

Gotta see someone play a HG live some day. I have absolutely no idea how it works...other than turn a wheel and push some buttons. Looks kinda complicated :)

This is genuine vintage!
We have diferent incarnations of the Hurdy Gurdy all around Europe, in my place this is called viola de roda (wheel viola), they are evolutions of the organistrum. Here you can see a 12th century carvin of the Portal of Glory on the cathedral at Santiago de Compostela:
Organistrumsantiago20060414.jpg
The organistrum was big and needed 2 operators, as the years go by the instrument became smaller for a single player operation and developed some regional types like the small wheel lires from East Europe or the spanish Zanfona that has not dog (buzzing bridge). Here you have a rough list: Germany (drehleier), Belarus (lira), Bohemia and Moravia (ninera), Hungary (forgolant), Italy (ghironda), north of France (vielle à roue), Occitane-south of France (viela or sonsaina), Portugal (sanfona) and Ukraine (relia).

I want to thank you Gilhem for all the efforts you put to keep this instrument alive, let me put a video of how it develops in a live setting:

Back
Top Bottom