Axe Fx III with Axe FX II XL and Mfc 101

nambutio

Inspired
Hello Guys!

I can to use the Axe FX 2 XL and MFC 101 to control the Axe FX III? Or just the MFC 101?

I've never owned Axe FX 2 XL with the MFC 101. Having said that there should be no reason why this wouldn't work.
Connect a midi cable from the Axe 2 midi out to the Axe 3 midi in. Put them on the same midi channel and copy the midi control settings in the back of the Axe 2 owners manual to the global midi settings on the Axe 3 and rock.

I've never owned Axe FX 2 XL with the MFC 101. Having said that there should be no reason why this wouldn't work.
Connect a midi cable from the Axe 2 midi out to the Axe 3 midi in. Put them on the same midi channel and copy the midi control settings in the back of the Axe 2 owners manual to the global midi settings on the Axe 3 and rock.

Thanks, Sir! :)

Unless you set the Axe Fx II correctly to "echo" the MFC, then midi will not get to the Axe Fx III.

Use the Midi Thru instead of Out (Out only had midi generated by the Axe Fx, not incoming midi).

Also, you may need to use a midi cable from the MFC to the Axe Fx II.

The MFC can control both but be aware that it's not designed to integrate with the Axe Fx III, so you'll probably need to use only "general midi" functions and not Axe Fx mode.

Back
Top Bottom