Axe-Fx III Wish List

I wish, the Axe III has the ability to save the firmware version changes along with the preset.
So we can move forward with new firmware and most importantly bug fixes... But my previous preset creations will always sound exactly as initially intended, so I don't have 100's of hours wasted.

A Boss HM-2 block.

Been jonesing for one for years... Yes I've seen the workaround patch using the amp block, I don't feel like it really does the sound justice.
I remember someone even hand delivered an HM2 to cliff and he said he'd do it 'soon' but that was years ago now.

I've gone and bought an actual HM-2 since then, but I'd love to be able to work entirely in the box.

I wish, the Axe III has the ability to save the firmware version changes along with the preset.
So we can move forward with new firmware and most importantly bug fixes... But my previous preset creations will always sound exactly as initially intended, so I don't have 100's of hours wasted.
This was implemented a while ago to Axe FX 2. You could switch between firmware modelling versions in the amp block.
It was later removed, because it was taking too much space and firmware updates to the non XL versions no longer fitted in. It was either keep the firmware version knob, or no more new firmware updates for the non XL Axe FX's II. The choice was obvious.

This was implemented a while ago to Axe FX 2. You could switch between firmware modelling versions in the amp block.
It was later removed, because it was taking too much space and firmware updates to the non XL versions no longer fitted in. It was either keep the firmware version knob, or no more new firmware updates for the non XL Axe FX's II. The choice was obvious.
Yes I know, I've been on the Fractal bus for around 5 years. I wish for this, plus the ability to add memory..

Think about it ...

To implement this, every version of the underlying algorithms (there are many algorithms and some are changed regularly), all sets of parameters, and all their values, would have to be saved and made available for recall.

If you want to make a certain (amp) sound survive a firmware update, best way probably is to use Tone Matching (100% identical sound not guaranteed).

The only other alternative would be splitting firmware updates into two parts: (A) amp modeling and (B) everything else. That could however create chaos.

Think about it ...

To implement this, every version of the underlying algorithms (there are many algorithms and some are changed regularly), all sets of parameters, and all their values, would have to be saved and made available for recall.

Maybe? I'm not the software or hardware designer. I assumed (maybe wrongly) with the new processors, new technology and platform, this could be an opportunity to build on something which is, for me at least, the main problem with the AXE FX. I do love my AXE FX but the issue with loosing all the hard work every time you want/need to update to fix bugs, use new effects and yes, use new algorithms remains a problem with the unit for me.
I dont think the answer is to buy more AXE FX units - at least not for me. I am scaling down on the amps and guitars these days (I once moved house and the kids school just to accommodate my collection at one point - never again LOL)
A possibility to upgrade if you want, maybe by way of a physical plug in memory board or something to enable this - I'm all for it.
It is just a wish thread after all.

I wish we had global reverb and delay adjustments, that go +/- 6dB or so on the output level of those blocks. That way I can adjust across patches for live versus dead rooms.

I know we have a global mix parameter on the II, but I run delays and reverb in parallel and that global control does not have a very strong effect in my experience.

I wish we had global reverb and delay adjustments, that go +/- 6dB or so on the output level of those blocks. That way I can adjust across patches for live versus dead rooms.
You have that now in the Axe II.

I know we have a global mix parameter on the II, but I run delays and reverb in parallel and that global control does not have a very strong effect in my experience.

The global mix won’t work when the effect is in parallel, because typically effects in parallel are at 100% mix. Global mix affects an exact percentage of the mix knob of each effect where it’s enabled, and it works exactly like the mix knob.

In the Global Settings. There are two parameters: REVERB MIX and EFFECTS MIX.

To get global EFFECTS MIX to work with a preset, you'll have to turn on GLOBAL MIX in each block that you want global control over.

In the Global Settings. There are two parameters: REVERB MIX and EFFECTS MIX.

To get global EFFECTS MIX to work with a preset, you'll have to turn on GLOBAL MIX in each block that you want global control over.

That’s what I figured you meant. Yeah, as I mentioned in my original post, I use those effects in parallel. So that control doesn’t do much.

Back
Top Bottom