Axe-Fx III Wish List

ok, i'll play. just so there's a record of it on here...

Ability to switch each delay block to "low resolution" mode to double the available time

ADSR built into the pitch block to allow a tiny amount of dry signal through to disguise latency when downtuning / or add an effect type in the pitch block (DROPTUNE?) with only 1 voice and an additional parameter called attack (adsr idea)

The ability to modulate one synth waveform with another for FM synthesis sounds. perhaps a hard sync option as well.

Ability to switch delay direction - (possible in the reverse delay and the plex, but would be nice in all delay types).

The ability to switch between tempo subdivisions via a modifier

The ability to control looper functions via internal modifiers, so it can be used as an effect

The ability to trigger ADSR with CC (external modifier) or internal modifier, instead of only input threshold

Portamento in synth block - (Can be achieved by controlling frequency with pitch modifier, but it’s fiddly)

A new 8 band multidelay type with freely routable feedback network like the Yamaha UD Stomp

Add "hold" to ADSR

A new internal modifier called "lfo mix" which basically sums the outputs of the two lfo's, so that unique custom waveshapes can be obtained

A granular buffer delay (details on request)

Ability to set adsr times as tempo values

Looper - add replace functionality (as tempo subdivisions)

Separate damping values for up and down in modifier linking window (implemented?)

A stereo delay that runs forwards and then backwards automatically (see expert sleepers "meringe" plugin)

---------------------------------------

sequencer

1 - run and it's associated on/off switch remain the same, but we add two three control parameters....

a) ”step" (with an associated trigger attachable to a modifier). two modes - "normal" - each step is triggered by the max value of the modifier and "double" - when the modifier crosses value 64, the sequencer moves to the next step. doing it like this means that of you use a momentary switch, you can step through the stages by pressing AND releasing the switch.

b) ”modifier". this would be great for using an external expression pedal to move through the sequencer stages. the sequencer interpolates the range of the external to the number of stages available. so for example, if you set two stages, then the first stage is 0-64 of the pedal travel and the second stage is 65-127 of the pedal travel. set 5 stages and each will be 20% of the pedal travel and so on. this would enable the user (using all 32 steps) to design a totally custom curve for their external pedal. i don't know if it would be at all useful to use internal modifiers for this. maybe externals only would be appropriate.

c) “once”. sequencer runs from first stage to last stage (defined by user) and then stops

2 - direction - forward + reverse. when attached to "run" or "step", the sequencer will travel from the first to the last stage and back again

3 - direction - random. when attached to "run" or "step", the sequencer will move randomly through all stages up to the max set by the user

4 - shape - triangle / square / ramp down / ramp up etc. each stage of the sequencer follows the shape set by the user. triangle, for example will move from min to the max value set and back to min for each stage

5 - shape - smooth. useful for when using an expression pedal. the sequencer interpolates the values in between each stage to create a smooth curve

-----------------------------------------

Bogner Alchemist (see Allen Hinds)

This may seem dumb, but the lag when turning the physical output knob on the XL always irritates me a bit. It would be nicer if the control felt more connected.. Faster refresh rate or something.

My latest wish list item: scene sets X and Y
The concept would be, choose which scene set each block is linked to. Default would be scene X, 1 thru 8, then have the option to link blocks to scene set y. The result would be, you could have two completely independent signal chains, scene X would change one chain, and scene Y would change the other. For example if you are running two guitars, you could change scenes independently. Or if you have a clean amp chain, and a dirty amp chain, you could morph between them with an exp pedal. You could have the scene in chain y preselected so when you morph you get the sound you want. Many other cool possibilities

My wishlist

Amps:
Gjika 10^N
Holmes Mississippi Bluesmaster

Drive pedals:
Westbury W-20 Tube Overdrive
Nady TD-1 Tube Distortion

Also, if this unit is going to have preset banks, being able to name banks and colour them is a good idea!

Last edited:
The ability to switch between tempo subdivisions via a modifier

Been wanting this for years. Or at least have the possibility to set a default tempo that syncs to tap tempo, but can be increased/decreased with an expression pedal (even if it doesn't land on an exact note division). The idea being that you can set your modulations in time with the song for normal usage, but still have the freedom to do weird stuff.

This would be even more useful if modifiers were channel independent.

A new 8 band multidelay type with freely routable feedback network like the Yamaha UD Stomp

I find that two band delays running in parallel does a pretty good job of replicating the UD Stomp, though it would be great if the Axe-Fx III had a model of it with 1:1 parameters.

Here’s a tribute to Allan Holdsworth I recorded using the band delays. The UD Stomp manual actually has the parameter settings for the presets, which I translated into my XL +.

yeh, i've been doing those ud stomp presets for years (and sharing them). you're way behind the curve, fella!

anyway, the ud stomp is more than just 8 parallel delays. it has a freely routable feedback network

nice job in the vid, btw

yeh, i've been doing those ud stomp presets for years (and sharing them). you're way behind the curve, fella!

anyway, the ud stomp is more than just 8 parallel delays. it has a freely routable feedback network

nice job in the vid, btw

Thanks for the compliment! Wish I had known about your presets — would have saved me a lot of time.

Global blocks or something equivalent, with the ability to name them.

For example, I volume-level all my scenes and presets, and for leads I have a global block that is a filter I can boost between 3-5dB depending on the venue or setting, and that has some F-M curve built in. If I change it in one preset, it changes it in all, which is mighty handy.

Haven’t seen a definitive answer on whether global blocks are included or not, so putting this in the wish list.

Back
Top Bottom