Axe-Fx III Wish List

How about a metronome block? I think that would be an awesome practice tool to have built-in. From how I understand things, with the FC-6 or FC-12 you could have a metronome layout that gives quick access to time signature, tempo, and volume controls. Or just a single footswitch where holding the button bypasses/engages the block and tapping it sets the tempo.

How come the new unit still doesn't have usb-portability like Kemper?
Taking your presets with you to another unit more easily would just be great.

The only thing missing from AFX III are the led lights on the knobs like on AX8. Was there not enough space? I think the lights are a great feature on the AX8.

Not needed because of the new GUI. That's different on the AX8.

Not needed because of the new GUI. That's different on the AX8.
I disagree. I feel it improves the visual side of the unit and makes me feel I'm tweaking "the real thing" more than just turning digital controls on a screen. Also you can see and tweak the basic amp controls more easily on the fly with the led's. Could be just me :)

I disagree. I feel it improves the visual side of the unit and makes me feel I'm tweaking "the real thing" more than just turning digital controls on a screen. Also you can see and tweak the basic amp controls more easily on the fly with the led's. Could be just me :)
Nah. Truly not needed.

The on-screen representation of the control lines up directly over the knob, with higher resolution than you can achieve with a ring of LEDs. An LED ring would just add clutter without providing more useful information. An added benefit: you don’t need to move your fingers or your head to see the entire indicator.

Multi-FX blocks.

The DSP power must be there by now to truly replace all those Strymons/H9s?

I can't imagine many people find the individual blocks method preferable when it comes to complex sounds.
Not sure why this hasn't happened yet. Maybe the algo engineers are too expensive? I dunno but this seems like the perfect time.

I certainly prefer the “individual blocks method”, if there’s room for enough blocks and DSP power to handle them.

Don’t know if I qualify as “many”. To me, I’m more important than many though.

Multi-FX blocks.

I can't imagine many people find the individual blocks method preferable when it comes to complex sounds.
Not sure why this hasn't happened yet. Maybe the algo engineers are too expensive? I dunno but this seems like the perfect time.
One possibility would be, to be able to link blocks together in some way? So that they can be copied and pasted as a unit and or saved in the block library as a complete affect.

One possibility would be, to be able to link blocks together in some way? So that they can be copied and pasted as a unit and or saved in the block library as a complete affect.

That would certainly be useful, although it’s not the same thing, I guess.

In Ableton we have Effect Racks which work like this but generally they are no comparison to dedicated Multi VSTs both from a sound and usability perspective. At least with a DAW you can buy any effects you're missing

Multi-FX blocks.

I can create a much more complex sound with the ability to chain multiple blocks of my choosing opposed to some preset order.

Guess it depends if your the type of player that just wants to press a button and have the sound/work already done for you, or if you enjoy creating something original. Its rather like that in the synth world too. There are guys who enjoy patching together modulars, and there are guys who want a bunch of presets that sound just like whatever hit EDM record is popular at the moment.

EHX Microsynth

More bass focused effects, or even better, more ability to tweak the current guitar foucused effects to behave more like a bass focused version of those same effects. I realise this already exists in the II to some extent, but there's still some important bass focused features missing in certain blocks.

I think this would be great. Many unique effects pedals can be emulated with the AXE, but they often require two or three blocks to pull them off... I would love to be able to save BLOCK GROUPS... and name them according to the pedal they emulate. Ability to save and import block groups or even just copy/paste block groups would be awesome.

Also, I would love to have some additional TEXT FIELDS associated with blocks and presets, so a small sentence of information could be saved with blocks or presets. For amp blocks it would be great to be able to save something like the Synopsis info from Yek's amp guide. For presets, I'd love to be able to save some notes that might be searchable somewhere in Axe-Edit: ie: "Five scene preset for Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, optimized for Strat with DG20 pickups." ... just looking for some open 64 character or 128 character fields that users could save some custom text.

I can create a much more complex sound with the ability to chain multiple blocks of my choosing opposed to some preset order.

But can you call up those FX combinations quickly as and when you need them? Can you test out those combinations in other presets without spending an age copying settings across? Can you do any of that in a reasonable timeframe?

Guess it depends if your the type of player that just wants to press a button and have the sound/work already done for you, or if you enjoy creating something original. Its rather like that in the synth world too. There are guys who enjoy patching together modulars, and there are guys who want a bunch of presets that sound just like whatever hit EDM record is popular at the moment.

But who wants to listen to people tinkering with modulars?

Even in the synth world most of the well known sounds are presets that shipped with the original units.. same for FX units. I'm happy to let the sound designers to their job while I make music.

I think this would be great. Many unique effects pedals can be emulated with the AXE, but they often require two or three blocks to pull them off... I would love to be able to save BLOCK GROUPS... and name them according to the pedal they emulate. Ability to save and import block groups or even just copy/paste block groups would be awesome.

That would work as a separate feature but you would also need some sort of Macro layer so you can assign a knob to multiple parameters.

Back
Top Bottom