Axe-Fx III Wish List

Don’t forget you’ll have 4 drives and 4 delays per preset. So while it does take two blocks, you still have plenty of drives and delays left after perfecting your SDD3000 sim.

Yes, I know that, and that’s already super cool! I just wish I could have both on the same block so I could have a IA switch labeled sdd3000 that would bypass / engage both delay and drive at the same time, like I would if I had my sdd3000 in my switchblade gl switcher

@JWDubois

"Also, for the synth block I'd like to be able to run a compressor block in front of the trigger signal, or for compression to be added to the trigger function. With my legato style (i.e. lazy picking) a simple level trigger threshold like the one on the Ultra is not good enough to produce an even synth trigger."

in the II, the synth gets it's pitch info from the global input and it's envelope/trigger info from the block input, so you can run a compressor (or a drive block, which is what i normally do) in front of the block. i think the III can also detect pitch from the block input.

Yes, I know that, and that’s already super cool! I just wish I could have both on the same block so I could have a IA switch labeled sdd3000 that would bypass / engage both delay and drive at the same time, like I would if I had my sdd3000 in my switchblade gl switcher

well you can do this already, but assigning a switch to an external modifier and then assigning that external to the bypass of both blocks

well you can do this already, but assigning a switch to an external modifier and then assigning that external to the bypass of both blocks

Yeah, I know, but the problem is that I don’t always use a drive block for sdd preamp, sometimes X will be that and Y will be something else, and I have my mfc ia’s configured as global switches as opposed to per preset

Yeah, I know, but the problem is that I don’t always use a drive block for sdd preamp, sometimes X will be that and Y will be something else, and I have my mfc ia’s configured as global switches as opposed to per preset
Since this is an Axe-Fx III thread, those limitations are not relevant? You will have three other drive blocks, each with 4 channels still available. So dedicating one for your SDD sim shouldn't be a problem?:cool:

@JWDubois

"Also, for the synth block I'd like to be able to run a compressor block in front of the trigger signal, or for compression to be added to the trigger function. With my legato style (i.e. lazy picking) a simple level trigger threshold like the one on the Ultra is not good enough to produce an even synth trigger."

in the II, the synth gets it's pitch info from the global input and it's envelope/trigger info from the block input, so you can run a compressor (or a drive block, which is what i normally do) in front of the block. i think the III can also detect pitch from the block input.

Thanx

Since this is an Axe-Fx III thread, those limitations are not relevant? You will have three other drive blocks, each with 4 channels still available. So dedicating one for your SDD sim shouldn't be a problem?:cool:

Right, but still, as sdd is both preamp AND delay, and for authenticity I’d still like to see that!! If it doesn’t happen i will survive, but I had to give it a try!

Okay I think this is a legitimate need... We need way more than 8 scenes. With all those channels increased cup and different FC layouts... Instead of a preset per song you could just do a few kitchen sink presets and with the scribble strips shouldn't be too hard to find the right sounds. I always thought it was a pain to have to stomp the next song preset , possibly run across the stage, trip over a beer, and hope you don't hit the wrong button,

With the New FC12 having 12 buttons on it, I agree with Tahoebrian. 10 scenes or even 12 scenes would be awesome.

Can’t you do that anyways? Turn both on and off with one switch?

Recreate the TC Mimiq Doubler pedal in 3 mode. (this is way beyond what the enhancer block does...IMHO)
The enhancer also has a shorter delay time and does not have random variations in pitch and delay which gives a more realistic feel. But I don't think that was the original intention. I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the new features in the AF3 though.

I don't get the hype over the TC Mimiq. To my ears, it is plagued with exactly the same problems that make every modulated delay doubler sound fake (especially due to obvious comb filtering). To my knowledge, it is not possible to take a single source signal and convincingly create another that sounds like another take. Whoever achieves this first will have my money. That would be my wish for the III. The world's first convincing doubler.

I don't get the hype over the TC Mimiq. To my ears, it is plagued with exactly the same problems that make every modulated delay doubler sound fake (especially due to obvious comb filtering). To my knowledge, it is not possible to take a single source signal and convincingly create another that sounds like another take. Whoever achieves this first will have my money. That would be my wish for the III. The world's first convincing doubler.

What normal consumer (in this day and age) listens to any music in a mono context? Everything is stereo now. Summing to mono might be a nice "test" to have for purity's sake, but as an alternative for the single guitarist in a live rock band, it's a great option.

If it's not for you, that's fine, but it's great to have this better option because we never had it before in pedal form. I'm grateful.

The problems exist in stereo. Mono makes them even more objectionable. The Mimiq is a fine pedal for what it is, but it only is what it is. My wish is for a new type of doubler that exceeds the standard modulated delays abilities. I'd call it more of a pipe dream.

The enhancer...does not have random variations in pitch and delay which gives a more realistic feel.
Variations in pitch are vibrato. Variations in delay are chorus. The Axe II has both, and each can be tied to a random modifier.

Back
Top Bottom