Axe-Fx III Wish List

Small "wish" and already know it wasn't granted, but that is a locking 1/4 jack for the guitar input. In live use, that sucker isn't always secure.

You can throw a little strain relief hitch onto your instrument cable around the right side handle, but I agree with Rex's response, you'd probably rather have it come out than pull your rack onto the floor, or have the shock of the pull translate into your guitar output jack (and the cumulative damage to the cable itself from not having any give).

Small "wish" and already know it wasn't granted, but that is a locking 1/4 jack for the guitar input. In live use, that sucker isn't always secure.

I can imagine why you want that, but I'd prefer the unit not to take a tumble. I usually carry an extra long cable for unknown stages. You can always go wireless for added mobility (somersaults, diving into the crowd, trapeze, whatever you're into).

Speaking of jacks, I have a patch bay in the rack that I plug in to and that the outputs come out of. ...All back panel connections. I never plug right into the Axe. If a jack ever got broken, I don't have to go soldering inside the Axe. Plus I only have to remove the front of the rack case at live shows, studio and rehearsals.

I basically Rip VanWinkled through the last several months of forum activity (and got on the waiting list relatively late). But was there mention of a compare function on the III, by any chance? That would be cool.

Mesa Boogie - JP-2C (It's not like the existence IIC+ models in the II), it has a completely different and unique tone character, unfortunately we lose the chance of having it the II but I'm very much looking forward to see it in the III, to me that would be a big reason in order to jump in the III land

Mesa Boogie - Bass Strategy head ( to me it's the ministry of the low notes in the hell)

Standard procedure: 1) wrap the cable around the rack handle 2) ratchet strap your rig to the cabinet 3) keep drunk people away from rig

A reverse delay block with all repeats reversed, not just the first one! I'm still trying to get the reverse delay in the 2's delay block to do this but can't because the only routing I could figure out put the wet and dry on separate paths and then I could not figure out how get the wet/dry ratio where I wanted.

My Eventide H3000SE did this very well, but I guess their algorithm is more complicated than I thought..:)

...the only routing I could figure out put the wet and dry on separate paths and then I could not figure out how get the wet/dry ratio where I wanted.
Set the Delay block to 100% wet, and use its Level control to set your mix.

Set the Delay block to 100% wet, and use its Level control to set your mix.

Thanks, pretty sure I tried that but it's been a while. IIRC, there were gain problems and the wet was way too quiet and I could find no way to boost it without screwing up other levels and throwing everything out of wack. Will check again, and post.

But either way, I think most people expect a reverse delay to continually reverse what is input, not give alternating forwards/backwards repeats. It seems there is a lot of hoops one has to jump through to get continuously reversed delay repeats on the Axe 2...

Though i don't see how that's beneficial, if you need to, tie the cable to the Axe FX rack handle, or use an angled jack (It will not slip out if you pull the cable).
But if you really need a locking jack, modding that part of the axe shouldn't be that hard at all if you can solder.

Thanks, pretty sure I tried that but it's been a while. IIRC, there were gain problems and the wet was way too quiet and I could find no way to boost it without screwing up other levels and throwing everything out of wack. Will check again, and post.
This sounds like the delay block wasn’t Parallel to a dry row. 100% wet means the wet is the only thing heard, and having it parallel means adjusting its level won’t affect anything else. Upload the preset (and start your own thread) if you revisit this.

Turn the physical Output knob.
Why the sarcastic comment? This is a reasonable question.

If you're being serious, I apologise but I'm not sure how turning the output knob helps when I'd like to change the levels on multiple presets at the same time. Many thanks

Why the sarcastic comment? This is a reasonable question.

If you're being serious, I apologise but I'm not sure how turning the output knob helps when I'd like to change the levels on multiple presets at the same time. Many thanks
I wasn’t being sarcastic. What do you mean? What volume would you change in all the presets?

I wasn’t being sarcastic. What do you mean? What volume would you change in all the presets?
Misunderstanding then, apologies. Most likely would be the main output volume, not the amp controls.

Unless there's a better way to manage the difference between presets that I may be missing?

It's something I've always struggled with.

Misunderstanding then, apologies. Most likely would be the main output volume, not the amp controls.

Unless there's a better way to manage the difference between presets that I may be missing?

It's something I've always struggled with.
You really have to adjust things per preset. Use the built in VU meter to level the presets. There are some videos posted recently on how to do this. Use the forum search :)

Back
Top Bottom