Axe-Fx III Wins Premier Gear Award

Goes without saying that this is a truly well-deserved award, but this review also really gets to a lot of what makes the III so much of a step up from the II in terms of the vastly expanded capabilities, connectivity, sonic qualities, etc. Nice!!

I’ve been an Axe user for 10 years next month and have been very happy with my II XL for some while now. It’s a fantastic device and I don’t really see how it can be improved. I’d dismissed the III as being unnecessary - I put all the rave comments and hyped feedback down to shiny new toy syndrome and our general reputation as a group for gushing praise for each new firmware release over many years, or so I’ve heard! :wink:

Anyway, I got to try a III today with the latest firmware and it sounded fantastic. I mean bloody fantastic. So easy to dial in, the effects are incredible and I love the new interface. I honestly didn’t believe that the III could be a big step up from the II and have had no interest in getting one, but fair play to Fractal for doing it again. I’m sure there will be plenty of awards to follow this one. I now need to check my II rig out and make sure I’m not over egging the difference, but I feel a wallet challenging dilemma coming on!

Anyway, I got to try a III today with the latest firmware and it sounded fantastic. I mean bloody fantastic. So easy to dial in, the effects are incredible and I love the new interface. I honestly didn’t believe that the III could be a big step up from the II and have had no interest in getting one, but fair play to Fractal for doing it again.
+1. The Axe-Fx III’s distortion algorithms are noticeable improved. I can get away with extremes on the treble end that would have made previous versions hard to listen to.

There is justice on this Heart!
Ok... now the story change:
don't ask if the AxeFx III can sound like this or that real amp!!!
Instead, ask if those amps... can sound like the AxeFx III !!!

Back
Top Bottom