Axe-Fx III will not connect via USB

Elnefial

Hi,

Bought my Axe Fx-III, a month ago to this day and today it decided not to work via USB. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb drivers, I have tried different USB 3 ports, with 3 different USB cables. These cables all work with my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 gen 1 and Roland TD-30 drum module. I've already contacted support but I wanted to see if anyone on this forum has any input.

Thank you guys!

Not visible in Device Manager either.

I just turned off my computer, unplugged the power supply and turned it off for a bit. No luck still.

Last edited:
Looks like the drivers aren't installing properly.

Try right clicking the driver installer and 'Run as Administrator'. You may need to disable any anti virus protection as well for installation.

Thank you guys for responding and helping out. I am new to the forum and appreciate all the help.

I installed the drivers again and ran it as Admin, I also unplugged my TP/Ethernet cable so I could disable antivirus and firewall without any luck. I'm going to try to connect it to my wife's laptop this evening to see if I have any luck. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks again!

I did try another computer without any luck. I've been in contact with Mark from FA, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for all your help and if there is anything else you guys can think of, please share.

Happy Holidays!

5 usb cables, in which 2 are completely new in 2 computers win 7/win 10 and windows doesn't even recognize my unit. Have had it in the same place, not disconnected usb once, prior to problem, and have had the unit less than a month. I'll keep you guys updated since the inevitable is about to happen... sending it back.

I had this same problem last night after it had worked fine for at least a week on 2.04: plugging in the USB and there no beep of recognition, no searching for drivers, nothing. I rebooted, checked drivers, checked USB devices, looked for hardware changes... nothing helped. This has never happened with the Axe-2 on the same Win7 computer.

Then this morning I plugged in a USB drive to the computer to see if it would work and it did. Then I plugged in the Axe3 and it recognized it.

I don't know if it was an issue with the USB driver needing to "wake up" or the Axe-3 needing an overnight rest or both... but it concerns me as I couldn't back up changes I had made (but have since).

Last edited:
I wanted to update you guys. Sent back the unit and they sent me a new replacement unit. Something must have been wrong with the usb input on the first I got. Now it's working great.

Thanks again to everyone who help troubleshooting.

Hi People.
Same happened to me after installing new firmware 16, beta 11. Still trying to solve, installed new drivers, and axe edit. USB beeps in and out forever...please help !

Hi People.
Same happened to me after installing new firmware 16, beta 11. Still trying to solve, installed new drivers, and axe edit. USB beeps in and out forever...please help !
Were you able to get it sorted? What I noticed when I got my new unit, which has been working great, was that the first screen that pops up. It's a black screen were you get all the information about what is initializing, that never happened to my first unit, it just went to the Axe-Fx III, loading screen. I don't know if you get that first screen or not or if that is a separate issue. Contact them, support was awesome to me and solved my issue very quickly and without any hassle.

Back
Top Bottom