Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Waitlist Confirmation 1-31-2018 11am
Invite 6-7-2018 1pm
Ordered 6-17-2018 6pm

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

Last edited:
It looks like they got into 2/6 pretty well. And I am pretty local to Fractal so:

Waitlist Confirmation 2-6-2018 11:39 AM
Invite 6-15-2018 1:06 PM
Ordered 6-15-2018 2:41 PM
Picked up: 6-15-2018 3:45 PM. (Ha Ha. So much for a productive Friday afternoon.)

I am new to high end modeling so wasn't sure what to expect. I tried the Roland stuff years ago and Line 6 and have never really been impressed. Sometimes the Line 6 was okay. I tried the fractal over the weekend and at first struggled a bit. But I made some mistakes and am posting them. I plugged the fractal into a stereo. Its decent onkyo and pretty big speakers. The first night I could not play it loud and I was a little concerned. The next day no one was home and I was able to crank it and I noticed hat the bass and treble on the stereo were pinned high. I put those back at zero. I re-stringed a Strat (I think Gibsons and EMG based guitars sound good on a lot of stuff. Single coil is whole different matter I think.). With it cranked and EQ neutral that fractal really began to shine. It behaves like a tube amp. Treat it like one and run a neutral monitor. I'm going to start to different thread but am interested in finding out what people are using as a decent set of monitors for it.

Last edited:
Oh my. So the wait list is over 4 months? Anyone just take the plunge and get the more expensive (but immediately available) one?

Oh my. So the wait list is over 4 months? Anyone just take the plunge and get the more expensive (but immediately available) one?

Four months is a bit inaccurate given that they didn't start shipping until mid-March (I think?). It's also most likely that the wait-list was entirely front loaded, with the majority of people signing up within the first few days or weeks of it being announced and it tapering off over time. And it also seems like the number of units per batch ramped up recently (someone speculated air vs boat shipping, with a small batch arriving by air first for QA purposes or whatever).

Mostly, it's impossible to say for sure without knowing the behind the scenes at Fractal. Either way, I'd be fairly surprised if someone signing up for the wait list now has to wait nearly as long as the people who signed up early did.

Four months is a bit inaccurate given that they didn't start shipping until mid-March (I think?). It's also most likely that the wait-list was entirely front loaded, with the majority of people signing up within the first few days or weeks of it being announced and it tapering off over time. And it also seems like the number of units per batch ramped up recently (someone speculated air vs boat shipping, with a small batch arriving by air first for QA purposes or whatever).

Mostly, it's impossible to say for sure without knowing the behind the scenes at Fractal. Either way, I'd be fairly surprised if someone signing up for the wait list now has to wait nearly as long as the people who signed up early did.

Agree with @penultimatejawa . Additionally, there would likely have been a fair number of units in the initial shipment that went to pro artists, engineers, reviewers, and industry friends.

@decreebass can't hurt to get on the list.

Waitlist confirmation: 2 Feb 17:03 PST
Order invite: 12 Jun 10:16 PST
Placed order: I can't get to the bank fast enough to deposit my set aside funds....:D

(So will order VERY shortly)

Woooooo Hoooooooo!!!!
Since I ordered last week the tracking has stated it will arrive tomorrow (Wednesday the 20th).....
But I just checked again and it's out for delivery today a day early!!!!!!!!!!

Waitlist confirmation: Feb 6, 11:22 am PST
Email invitation: June 19, 10:29 am PST
Purchased: June 19, 10:47 am PST

Duuuuuuuuuude!!!! The ii has served me epically well since 2012, tours, sessions, you name it. I'm so excited to see what this new BAMF is gonna bring to the table!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Back
Top Bottom