Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Curious timing .....

Buyer of my '60 Les Paul and '70 Marshall 1/2 stack came to pay and pickup. Was thinking he was going to back out.

FA invite comes while he's here picking up his new goodies ....... had to wait while he finished drooling and packing .... gotta change Avatar now .....

Curious timing .....

Buyer of my '60 Les Paul and '70 Marshall 1/2 stack came to pay and pickup. Was thinking he was going to back out.

FA invite comes while he's here picking up his new goodies ....... had to wait while he finished drooling and packing .... gotta change Avatar now .....

You know what surprises me?
I'm surprised Gibson is filing bankruptcy instead of Marshall.
I wouldn't have sold the Les Paul.
But Marshall amps are obsolete in 2018. They belong in museums.
Fractal/Kemper are amp killers.
It's amazing Gibson who still makes good guitars we need is about to go out of business, but Marshall who makes amps we don't need is still thriving.

Marshall stayed true to their origins, well truer than Gibson.

I wasn't going to sell either but I am running out of storage and tired of moving stuff around. the LP was 1 of 2 '60, and the least attractive of the two. Now down to one each of the "classic LP's". Have a WI closet full of amps ...... all have been profiled multiple times and will start moving them out ......... well, .......... maybe ;-p

You know what surprises me?
I'm surprised Gibson is filing bankruptcy instead of Marshall.
I wouldn't have sold the Les Paul.
But Marshall amps are obsolete in 2018. They belong in museums.
Fractal/Kemper are amp killers.
It's amazing Gibson who still makes good guitars we need is about to go out of business, but Marshall who makes amps we don't need is still thriving.

Gibson has major quality assurance problems and obscene bang-for-buck issues. Marshalls still work. Not to mention the idiot CEO they have that's spent the last few years destroying the company financials and endorsements. It's not amazing that they're failing, it's boilerplate.

Last edited:
Apologies if there is already info here on this topic because I'm traveling and didn't have time to scan through all the posts. Should we assume the same pace? We are still not through the 29th. I'm feb 1 which is three full days later, so does this mean the wait could be many months?

Waitlist Mon 1/29/2018 7:08 PM CST. Just got the invite and the purchase was done!
Now they need to get on the foot switches...

Apologies if there is already info here on this topic because I'm traveling and didn't have time to scan through all the posts. Should we assume the same pace? We are still not through the 29th. I'm feb 1 which is three full days later, so does this mean the wait could be many months?

It seems things are starting to move much more quickly. In just the last three or four days they have moved close to 6 hours through the list. There were a huge amount of people that signed up for the waitlist right away, and that starts to taper off apparently as you get later on 1/29. I would suspect this will be the case for the waitlist from here on out, with pockets of slowness potentially here and there but generally moving much faster.

Marshall stayed true to their origins, well truer than Gibson.

I wasn't going to sell either but I am running out of storage and tired of moving stuff around. the LP was 1 of 2 '60, and the least attractive of the two. Now down to one each of the "classic LP's". Have a WI closet full of amps ...... all have been profiled multiple times and will start moving them out ......... well, .......... maybe ;-p

Back when I was buying amps , I had some nice old tube amps that my tech was going thru , when I brought him a Marshall DSL. A buddy had it , and it wasn't working - all of a sudden. So , I dropped it off to my tech , and he said it was the biggest piece of garbage Marshall ever made. PCB boards and ribbon tape - everywhere. A nightmare to fix too. If you've got a good Gibson ( especially 60 reissue ) , I'd hold on to it. I've got a handful of beautiful LPs , with great shaped necks , and great pickups. Given the vast number of misfit guitars ; made by a now bankrupt company , that makes their guitars ( for the most part - by hand ) I feel pretty lucky to have the Gibsons I've got , and won't be selling them.
I'd sell something in my wife's closet first .

Wait list Confirm Email: 29 Jan 2018 6:44 PM CST
Order Invite: 04 May 2018 12:54 PM CDT
Order Confirmation: 04 May 2018 12:55 PM CDT

And so begins the wait for UPS delivery!

March 8th 2018 the start of confirmations on this thread: 1/29 8:16 AM

Two months later we are still on the same day and moved to wow 6:44 PM!

And then, And then, how about an order of shrimp fried rice!

Back when I was buying amps , I had some nice old tube amps that my tech was going thru , when I brought him a Marshall DSL. A buddy had it , and it wasn't working - all of a sudden. So , I dropped it off to my tech , and he said it was the biggest piece of garbage Marshall ever made. PCB boards and ribbon tape - everywhere. A nightmare to fix too. If you've got a good Gibson ( especially 60 reissue ) , I'd hold on to it. I've got a handful of beautiful LPs , with great shaped necks , and great pickups. Given the vast number of misfit guitars ; made by a now bankrupt company , that makes their guitars ( for the most part - by hand ) I feel pretty lucky to have the Gibsons I've got , and won't be selling them.
I'd sell something in my wife's closet first .

Agreed - I have a handful of Gibsons I'd never sell. BUT in the last 10 years or so I had 2 or 3 that just were garbage.

Tough call. Decided to pass on my invitation due to just too much work combined with travelling plus 5-6 weeks back in Sweden coming up from end June. Will have plenty of time from September so getting back in the game then.

Breaking news!!!!
AXE-FX II still sounds great!!!

My confirmation came in, and I am short. Anyone wanna buy some guitars? An ME 25th and a private stock Orange Mist with a 5909/5310 combo...

I know, I know... haha, believe me, I know. I am thinking about it EVERY day, I am so tempted to do that.
I'm so sick of this Kempers Reverb, I just want to sell my Kemper and Focusrite interface, be done with it and get back to Fractal.
Knowing what I know now having owned both, I would warn others do NOT buy a Kemper unless you are SURE you are gonna have a way to get real good Reverb if reverb is important to you. After almost 2 years owning the Kemper and hoping they would update their Reverbs, they never did, and theres still no sign they ever will, so I got the Fractal FX8 but could not get it to work well with the Kemper for a good sound, so man I'm so frustrated at this point spending the extra $1,000 to get it ALL in one box again is tempting me very much.

I should also probably add to that to my ears Reverb is one of the most important elements of recorded tone, and I don't like to add it after the track has been recorded, I need to hear it as I'm playing/tracking.
You know how some people have ears like Eric Johnson and obsess over pickups or whatever particular thing a person may obsess over, well my quest has always been getting the holy grail of Reverb, and to me that is reverb quality of Bricasti.

I don't know if Fractal is as good as Bricasti with the Axe3... but I know my old Axe 2 XL got me close enough.

Last edited:
I know, I know... haha, believe me, I know. I am thinking about it EVERY day, I am so tempted to do that.
I'm so sick of this Kempers Reverb, I just want to sell my Kemper and Focusrite interface, be done with it and get back to Fractal.
Knowing what I know now having owned both, I would warn others do NOT buy a Kemper unless you are SURE you are gonna have a way to get real good Reverb if reverb is important to you. After almost 2 years owning the Kemper and hoping they would update their Reverbs, they never did, and theres still no sign they ever will, so I got the Fractal FX8 but could not get it to work well with the Kemper for a good sound, so man I'm so frustrated at this point spending the extra $1,000 to get it ALL in one box again is tempting me very much
After reading your post here I can't, in good conscience, recommend you pay the extra money to skip the line. Please disregard my suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom