Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Do you have a UPS account setup (they are free)? You can divert shipments to UPS Stores for free. I always have pricey shipments delivered to the UPS Store, including (especially) Fractal Audio packages. I just request the new pickup location on my phone.

Mine are automatically diverted unless the merchant blocks it when they ship. Sounds like from a previous post above it's blocked. hope a family member or something can sign or it would be a back charge/dispute if it couldn't be delivered.

Nope... Already been discussed. Can't be done with these orders.

Is this a new change? As much as I'm not a fan of arguing on the internet, 100% of my several Fractal Orders have worked with the change delivery to UPS Store, including my Axe FX III, last month. I have no reason to think I have a special relationship with any of the companies involved, but I've never had an issue with any deliveries being rerouted (other than UPS occasionally holding up a delivery by a day because they routed incorrectly/didn't update the delivery destination in a timely fashion.)

Yep definitely still filling orders from day 1of waitlist.
If you check the top of the page here and my times, we are literally a minute apart...

Waitlist Confirmed: Jan 29th 5:53pm
Invite Received: May 3rd 1:10pm
Order Confirmed: May 3rd 4:13pm

Looking forward to FINALLY having some time with this amazing looking/sounding unit.
Thanks Cliff and all at Fractal, keep up the good work so we can too.

I am a little late posting this, it has been a busy few days

Confirmation: Jan 29, 2018, 4:30 ish PM EDT
Invitation: May 2, 2018, 1:08 PM EDT
Ordered: May 3, 2018, 9:56 AM EDT

Is this a new change? As much as I'm not a fan of arguing on the internet, 100% of my several Fractal Orders have worked with the change delivery to UPS Store, including my Axe FX III, last month. I have no reason to think I have a special relationship with any of the companies involved, but I've never had an issue with any deliveries being rerouted (other than UPS occasionally holding up a delivery by a day because they routed incorrectly/didn't update the delivery destination in a timely fashion.)
I have no idea when it was implemented but if you read this whole long thread, it was answered by someone from Fractal... Don't remember who.

To avoid fraud.

Correct. The latest scam is this: Person places order with stolen credit card. The order uses the name and address of the actual card holder. Just before the order is to be delivered the scammer requests the item be held at UPS for pickup. The scammer or someone in on the scam picks the item up at UPS using a fake ID.

In the early days the scammers would use a different shipping address which made it easy to spot. Now they've got all kinds of methods of getting around the usual fraud prevention techniques.

I have no idea when it was implemented but if you read this whole long thread, it was answered by someone from Fractal... Don't remember who.

@Icarusuki - you can follow the quotes back to see what they were in response to.

@Icarusuki - you can follow the quotes back to see what they were in response to.

Yeah, it seems pretty clear from those quotes. Though, it changes nothing really, because those posts are mid/late March, prior to me successfully rerouting my Axe FX III to a UPS store in early/mid April.

If I had to guess, I would assume it has to do with my having signed up with UPS My Choice and I'm not just a random recipient rerouting random packages. Either that, or UPS doesn't enforce Fractal's 'no-reroute' request.

With that, I will stop my participating in this conversation, as it goes against my best interest to alert anyone that I was able to reroute my package. I won't do business with a company that makes me take a day off work in order to buy their products, and that would make me sad.

Yeah, it seems pretty clear from those quotes. Though, it changes nothing really, because those posts are mid/late March, prior to me successfully rerouting my Axe FX III to a UPS store in early/mid April.

If I had to guess, I would assume it has to do with my having signed up with UPS My Choice and I'm not just a random recipient rerouting random packages. Either that, or UPS doesn't enforce Fractal's 'no-reroute' request.

With that, I will stop my participating in this conversation, as it goes against my best interest to alert anyone that I was able to reroute my package. I won't do business with a company that makes me take a day off work in order to buy their products, and that would make me sad.

Could be the UPS My Choice... that's what I use to set all mine to go to the local UPS Store by default. It automatically changes delivery to the store other than a rare situation.

Last edited:
I hope Fractal makes a mistake and sends me a invite before the people that got on the waitlist before me.... Is that even possible? Because every time I check my email the hope is there.

Confirmation: Jan 29, 2018, 6:50 PM CST
Invitation: May 4, 2018, 12:13 PM CST
Ordered: May 4, 2018, 12:20 PM CST

Finally!!!

I should get an invite anytime now. I just don't have the dough without selling something.

How long is my reservation good for? I don't want to keep em hanging...

HELL YA !

Waitlist confirm 1/29 7:54 PM
Invite to order 5/4 1:14 PM
Order confirmation 5/4 1:34

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom