Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Just bought a Mesa Boogie JP2C
So I will be passing up my invite when it comes in to someone else.
I want one but the wait is to much...

Have fun People

Just bought a Mesa Boogie JP2C
So I will be passing up my invite when it comes in to someone else.
I want one but the wait is to much...

Have fun People
I got one about a month ago and ALL I play is the Petrucci preset with 8 scenes. It blows me away how incredible it sounds through a stereo 4x12 with great monitors in front! I cant wait to do a live event!

Any news? Are the 2nd batch being processed and getting ready for shipping?

I think my conformation was 1:58 eastern. No notice yet.

Some official input from Fractal Audio employees about some of these things would be nice, when product runs out, ETAs on when it might start up again, etc., There are a lot of people such as myself who are watching this thread for info, people who don’t even belong to the forum, FA would be smart to keep people apprised of what’s going on, instead of everyone just guessing, I think it would result in less people dropping out, and more sales for them

Cliff stated that the first batch sold faster than anticipated and another shipment of parts was due to arrive this past Tuesday. The dsp boards are made here. Going by the previous timeline it took a week or so to assemble, burn-in and program before the shipping started. I'm guessing it may resume next week? Only FAS knows for sure though.

Some official input from Fractal Audio employees about some of these things would be nice, when product runs out, ETAs on when it might start up again, etc., There are a lot of people such as myself who are watching this thread for info, people who don’t even belong to the forum, FA would be smart to keep people apprised of what’s going on, instead of everyone just guessing, I think it would result in less people dropping out, and more sales for them
Lack of demand does not seem to be an issue. :p This lag has been short enough I’d rather them keep their nose to the grindstone knocking down issues, priming the pump, etc, rather than burn time providing info that is probably going to still involve speculation on their own part to some degree and just potentially get more folks riled up if something else comes up.

I asked sales yesterday how long would it be if I put in a order for a Axe3 before I get it, and they said probably as late as August. I returned the FX8 today because even when using 4 guitar cables it still didn't sound great through my Kemper, I am planning to sell the Kemper and get a Axe3 for the convience of having it all in one. I am thinking about paying the extra $1,000 to get the axefx3 now, I don't think I can wait till August or later to get this squared away, that's a very long time, and could turn out to be longer. So all the people on the waitlist, i wouldn't hold your breath, i doubt many of you will be getting anything before August. or later.

I asked sales yesterday how long would it be if I put in a order for a Axe3 before I get it, and they said probably as late as August. I returned the FX8 today because even when using 4 guitar cables it still didn't sound great through my Kemper, I am planning to sell the Kemper and get a Axe3 for the convience of having it all in one. I am thinking about paying the extra $1,000 to get the axefx3 now, I don't think I can wait till August or later to get this squared away, that's a very long time, and could turn out to be longer. So all the people on the waitlist, i wouldn't hold your breath, i doubt many of you will be getting anything before August. or later.
If you put in an order today, you'd get it in about a week - you can't order without an invitation to purchase OR paying the extra $1000, both of which require units in stock.

I assume you mean if you got added to the waitlist today it would be August before you got one.

That doesn't mean everyone else will be waiting that long because they got on the list some time after about noon on 1/29 (where we seem to be waiting). Some will be only a week or two out, others might be a few months... You have to wait for all of them ;)

I’m pretty disappointed in the way this has been implemented.Why not build your inventory a bit (at least) before announcing a new product?
2500 bucks is a lot for me to manage.
I sold my Axe FX XL+ a month ago thinking It would be a relatively short wait until I get my invite.My confirmation was 2/1/18 at 6:00 am.
The thing that’s really,really driving me crazy is that we can’t even get a ballpark idea of when we might be able to purchase.
If I could know I was number 326 or 459 or whatever on “the list” I could at least make an educated guess as to when I needed to fork up the dough.
I have a good job and make pretty good money but I still need to sell things and save and prepare for this purchase.
I will not go Helix or Kemper after having a Fractal...I’m spoiled....but geeez,is it too much to ask (after being a loyal customer) to get some sort of projected,potential,possible estimate as to when I might be able to make my purchase.
Not knowing is the worst part.
Can Fractal not send us each a “private” email with at least an estimate? How will Line 6 or Kemper or Boss capatilize on this “top secret” information?
I understand things like weather and part shortages and staffing issues play a role but are we talking another 2 weeks or another 2 months for an invite?
Just my 2 cents.I am frustrated and disappointed so if anything I said seems harsh or unfair, then oh well.
Peace and love and stuff to you all.

I’m pretty disappointed in the way this has been implemented.Why not build your inventory a bit (at least) before announcing a new product?
2500 bucks is a lot for me to manage.
I sold my Axe FX XL+ a month ago thinking It would be a relatively short wait until I get my invite.My confirmation was 2/1/18 at 6:00 am.
The thing that’s really,really driving me crazy is that we can’t even get a ballpark idea of when we might be able to purchase.
If I could know I was number 326 or 459 or whatever on “the list” I could at least make an educated guess as to when I needed to fork up the dough.
I have a good job and make pretty good money but I still need to sell things and save and prepare for this purchase.
I will not go Helix or Kemper after having a Fractal...I’m spoiled....but geeez,is it too much to ask (after being a loyal customer) to get some sort of projected,potential,possible estimate as to when I might be able to make my purchase.
Not knowing is the worst part.
Can Fractal not send us each a “private” email with at least an estimate? How will Line 6 or Kemper or Boss capatilize on this “top secret” information?
I understand things like weather and part shortages and staffing issues play a role but are we talking another 2 weeks or another 2 months for an invite?
Just my 2 cents.I am frustrated and disappointed so if anything I said seems harsh or unfair, then oh well.
Peace and love and stuff to you all.
You've basically just repeated the same things many others have said in this thread and others... ;)

While I respect your disappointment, "fair" or "unfair" can be debated endlessly.

The reality is that FAS is running the "waitlist" for AxeFX3 units exactly the same way they've been run for other product releases. No promises... no surprises. I was a bit surprised to see them offer units at +$1000 so the queue could be skipped but that was a limited number and specifically engineered to discourage people from buying them and then flipping the units.

Don't forget they are a business. They have invested in the R&D and laid out $$$ to make a production order from a contract manufacturer. I'm sure they'd love to get a unit into the hands of every customer willing to part with the purchase cost.... more revenue and profit for them. It's not reasonable to expect them to sit on stock.

This company sets the gold standard for cool gear and product support. We should all just give them a break, me thinks.

Just my opinion.

Hi ALL,

Sadly I placed my order 20180401. But I won't purchase if they send invitation to me today.

As an EE engineer, maybe I am one of the people who REALLY understand how COMPLEX a system would be, and how difficult testing/debugging a system in order to make it stable for shipment.

Obviously, FAS may meet some problems when they tried to ship FX-III. Maybe they are QA checklist problem, maybe hardware issue, maybe both. That's why they would not ship outside NA, and why they limit shipment speed. When the percentage of returning due to hardware problem is controlled, they will speed up.

To myself, I will purchase FX-III after international shipment, which implies that they are confident to their product hardware quality and minor bugs can be fixed by firmware.

Back
Top Bottom