Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

So, never having bought a fractal unit before, if my waiting list request was in March, am I more likely to be purchasing whatever the next model of Axe FX comes out or is there a chance I'll eventually get my hands on one of these? Seems like we're a few months in and the first day is still being processed. If that scales out, it sounds like a new unit will be released before my invitation is sent.

Anyone else have experience being waitlisted on a previous product that didn't manage to get the submission in on the first day?
It’s all totally linear in distribution. There are still people on the wait list for the AxeFx Standard.

This is new product hysteria, it will die down in a year and there will be sales eventually to move units. Fractal is so small they could not handle shipping 5,000 units in a month, nor the complications which would come with such.

Is it like this on all iterations of the AxeFx (ie FX and FX ultra or just from II to III)? Also, what's the typical lifecycle of new models (from a previous thread, it looks like a new iteration every 2-3 years)?

A year long waitlist on a product with a 2-3 year cycle seems kinda crazy but I guess not much I can do about it. Thanks!

The waitlist for the Axe FX 2 was in 2011 or 2012. They iterated upon it with the XL, but as far as I'm concerned, the cycle for the Axe FX 2 has been 6+ years. At least, I'm still using mine 6 years later.

I don't think you saw the same type of waitlist for the XL iterations. You're not necessarily looking at a huge wait for every minor revision to the product.

Last edited:
I signed up on 1/29 at 2:35 and haven't heard anything yet. Although, they did say they were expecting stock in today, so hopefully we'll start seeing some activity by tomorrow.....

It would be awesome if we could get confirmation that its still on time for that scheduled date. :eyes:

Unless I've missed something, there's only been 3 or 4 ? out of hundreds or more shipped. I would think if it would fail it would be within the first week.
We have seen those reported here and only those. Percentage cannot be determined. But the number reported here on the forum requiring returns, are becoming worrisome. To me, 2 or 3 in the first shipment is worrisome.

We have seen those reported here and only those. Percentage cannot be determined. But the number reported here on the forum requiring returns, are becoming worrisome. To me, 2 or 3 in the first shipment is worrisome.

I think it depends on the size of shipment 2 or 3 failures in 100 units is not bad ,its seems to be the same problem too so thats easier to check going fwd , the other issues you have seen have been things like missing cabs ,which FAS is able to send a file and walk the user through ,also pretty much most of the bugs at this point reported , have been hunted down and fixed in quick updates from Cliff

Reactions: RDH
Hopefully my email invite will come in the next couple of weeks otherwise I might be forced to get a XL+. ;)

The waitlist for the Axe FX 2 was in 2011 or 2012. They iterated upon it with the XL, but as far as I'm concerned, the cycle for the Axe FX 2 has been 6+ years. At least, I'm still using mine 6 years later.

I don't think you saw the same type of waitlist for the XL iterations. You're not necessarily looking at a huge wait for every minor revision to the product.

That makes sense, thanks! I'll probably just adjust my expectations that it might be a year from now before I get the invitation. It would be interesting to see what the distribution of waitlist requests are. I assume that when it was announced, it's probably a much higher density on day one than it is in week 2, for instance. I guess once we get through the first week, it'll probably move a lot quicker (even if it does take several months to get past the first day).

So yeah, time to adjust expectations. I probably need to stop checking in here though, I think it's just making me sad . . . heh.

Yes, day 1 is taking a long time. We're not quite at 1:30 Eastern yet. I'm at 2:30. However, there was a stock shortage recently, and they were supposed to have received more product in yesterday, so hopefully we'll start seeing the invites pick back up this week.

I figured they would start sending invites yesterday, but I guess the shipment hasn’t been received or they’re just behind like normal. I was originally expecting an invite this week before the announcement of running out of their first shipment, but now, at 2:05 est, it’s looking more like it’ll be another two weeks from now.

The units aren't ready to go right out of the shipping container. There's probably some lag time before they can even get started with the firmware install, burn-in, testing, etc. I doubt invites go out until there are products in boxes ready to get shipped.

I signed up on 1/29 at 2:35 and haven't heard anything yet. Although, they did say they were expecting stock in today, so hopefully we'll start seeing some activity by tomorrow.....
I was 1/29 at 2:54p Central time and have not got my invitation yet either.

Back
Top Bottom