Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

How long currently is Fractal's lag time between order-time and shipping-time for the Axe FX III?

In other words, if I order an Axe FX III today, how long approximately would it be before it would physically leave the Fractal warehouse and be in the courier's hands on the way to me? Same day? Tomorrow shipping out? ...or not in stock now, so a few weeks in between order date and ship date? Thanks.

(Yes, I did receive my invite. It was a few weeks ago, but I was short on cash 'til now.)

How long currently is Fractal's lag time between order-time and shipping-time for the Axe FX III?

In other words, if I order an Axe FX III today, how long approximately would it be before it would physically leave the Fractal warehouse and be in the courier's hands on the way to me? Same day? Tomorrow shipping out? ...or not in stock now, so a few weeks in between order date and ship date? Thanks.

(Yes, I did receive my invite. It was a few weeks ago, but I was short on cash 'til now.)

Once you add to cart, that page answers most of your questions.

I ordered mine on last Friday, didn't ship til Monday...

Remember, there can be large batches of non-forum member invites. These tend to correspond, for instance, to the times of day/week when the original announcement was posted to twitter by a famous rock star, or to 3rd party web sites. In my experience with the AX8, those "spikes" could eat days of invitations where forum members incorrectly assumed that invitations had stopped.
It's just weird that all of a sudden, the invites seem to be very few and far between this week. Honestly, the value of the Helix looks more and more enticing everyday. I suppose I could try one and if I don't like it, I can easily return it and move forward with the AF3 when my name finally comes up.

It's just weird that all of a sudden, the invites seem to be very few and far between this week. Honestly, the value of the Helix looks more and more enticing everyday. I suppose I could try one and if I don't like it, I can easily return it and move forward with the AF3 when my name finally comes up.

I would buy a used Axe-Fx II in that case, runs circles around Helix in sound quality. And as of today, it sounds pretty close to the III.

We are low on stock so there are limited invites going out this week. The next shipment is due next Tuesday and then invites will pick back up. We went through the first shipment much faster than anticipated.

The rate actually picked up over the last week or two. Don't confuse the invites you see on the forum with the actual progress of the waitlist.

We are low on stock so there are limited invites going out this week. The next shipment is due next Tuesday and then invites will pick back up. We went through the first shipment much faster than anticipated.

I can't imagine any guitar player who wouldn't want one, but sell me one first!! :)

Whoa that H9000 is crazy! Just curious what it can do that the Axe 3 doesn't already do.

Well, it *doesn’t* do amp/cab simulation.

It’s an effects powerhouse with tons of I/O, programmable effects and legacy Eventide algorithms. I had the H8000 so I’m familiar with how it works, which is a big plus.

In other words, an extravagant time sink!

I do intend to try to integrate the III into the studio as an FX engine but never did make that happen with my XL.

Thanks for letting us know what the actual situation is. It's nice to have a general idea of how things are moving along.
I recently purchased a new rolling rack for my studio , that's got a better slant , so it should be more comfortable to use while mixing. I'll keep a space open for my III.
.....Congrats on your successful release.

Last edited:
Just installed the trial of Helix Native last night and found the presets to be pretty bad until I used custom IR’s. It pretty much convinced me to stay patient with the AF3 and not consider a Helix. Although I have heard great sounds from it, I’ve heard way more impressive sounds from the stock presets in my AF Ultra and 2 XL +.

Just installed the trial of Helix Native last night and found the presets to be pretty bad until I used custom IR’s. It pretty much convinced me to stay patient with the AF3 and not consider a Helix. Although I have heard great sounds from it, I’ve heard way more impressive sounds from the stock presets in my AF Ultra and 2 XL +.
I have not warmed to the factory or legacy IRs yet. I still prefer OwnHammer.

I have not warmed to the factory or legacy IRs yet. I still prefer OwnHammer.
For familiarity's sake, and to get up and running quickly, I installed my main IR's from my IIXL, being from cab pack 7. After next week I don't have a show for a few weeks so I'm looking forward to auditioning the stock cabs in the III.

Back
Top Bottom