Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Dig into the old posts from when the Axe II was announced and released ............

Besides, Christmas is a great time to receive new gear!!

I don't disagree with you, but the forum activity does tell us about where we are on the wait list. Just a few people per day posting that they received their invite tells us about where things stand. With the lack of activity during the later half of last week, I'll be curious to know where we are today.
The lack of invites is concerning for someone that got the confirmation on 2/3. I ordered a really custom built Rick Turner RN6 in January. It is completed and ready to ship (and that was with changes to almost everything they typically build). Can't believe it is easier to make a custom guitar than a computer box, as high tech as it might be. Starting to consider a AXE8 or 2+. There are some killer deals out there...but I am trying to be patient.

The lack of invites is concerning for someone that got the confirmation on 2/3. I ordered a really custom built Rick Turner RN6 in January. It is completed and ready to ship (and that was with changes to almost everything they typically build). Can't believe it is easier to make a custom guitar than a computer box, as high tech as it might be. Starting to consider a AXE8 or 2+. There are some killer deals out there...but I am trying to be patient.

So you believe it is taking FAS longer to build your Axe Iii than it took to build your custom guitar?
Lol i would not have the patience to deal with this kind of ...... misunderstanding of the situation

While I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on an Axe 3... I also don’t want Fractal to skimp on quality control on the unit they ship me. I’m good if it takes a few more months than my initial expectation.

So you believe it is taking FAS longer to build your Axe Iii than it took to build your custom guitar?
Lol i would not have the patience to deal with this kind of ...... misunderstanding of the situation
Please enlighten me about "the situation". I'm sure there are others on this forum with the same concern. And yes, it's not a belief but a fact that Turner kept me in the loop with production progress throughout the entire process. They even sent me pictures of the rough cutouts of the flamed maple back and sides as well as the old growth redwood for the top and head stock overlay they selected for my approval..

The production process for each Axe-FX is pretty much the same, what would be the point of Fractal keeping you in the loop on the production of your unit? It would just slow things down for everyone.

I imagine there are far, far more people who want an axe III than a custom guitar though.

If these guitar builder fellow got oh say 1000+ orders one morning and you were number 900, how long til you think you would be getting your guitar ?

I ordered a really custom built Rick Turner RN6 in January. It is completed and ready to ship (and that was with changes to almost everything they typically build). Can't believe it is easier to make a custom guitar than a computer box, as high tech as it might be.
Fractal has to build and test many more Axe IIIs. Mr. Turner has to build and test not nearly as many guitars.

You put down your money, and three months later, you almost have your new guitar. Fractal won’t take your money until they have an Axe III ready to ship to you.

Last edited:
Please enlighten me about "the situation". I'm sure there are others on this forum with the same concern. And yes, it's not a belief but a fact that Turner kept me in the loop with production progress throughout the entire process. They even sent me pictures of the rough cutouts of the flamed maple back and sides as well as the old growth redwood for the top and head stock overlay they selected for my approval..

The Turner was custom made. The Axe III is manufactured & are all identical. You are trying to compare apples & oranges.

Alright everyone. Enough already...I get the point. No one anticipated 1000+ orders for the FXiii on the first day and who knows how many before the official Fractal announcement. I sure hope they didn't get 1000+ on day one!

Fractal could have announced the Axe FX III as "Coming this December", and then just waited until they had a plethora of units ready to ship. But instead they announced it with a waitlist, so people can get it in their hands earlier, with them shipping units as they build them.
As has been mentioned, I am sure the waitlist will pickup as they get further along. The initial amount of people signing up was most likely within the first few days, maybe week.
The less time Fractal spends here explaining things, the more time they have to build units and get them out the door. Have faith and patience.
truthfully even if I had not got my invite until months from now I would have been ok, I have my Axe Fx II to hold me over. I can understand everyone is super excited to get this thing in their hands, but we all need just a little patients. Just pretend this was a Christmas 2018 release announcement, and if you get your invite to purchase before then, then you are one up!

On a side note, you can not compare this to a custom piece you ordered. If you specifically commission someone to build you a custom piece, then you should expect updates on progress. You didn't commission Fractal to build you a custom Axe Fx.

Reactions: Ole
The less time Fractal spends here explaining things, the more time they have to build units and get them out the door.

This is the one I don't get though. You don't have to have a business degree to realize that transparency and communication are key elements to maintaining your customer relations. Show up, talk to people, let them into the process, and improve the experience for everyone. Having a sticky post that updates weekly with key figures along the lines of 'This week, we have expedited 48 orders, and the waiting list is now 600 names long', wouldn't take anyone more than four minutes to complete.

The reason Fractal aren't doing this isn't because they could be using the time to build Axe-FX's - something a social media coordinator can't do anyway - it's because they're protecting their investments into their own process, and want to maintain confidentiality. Now, can this be done better? Heck yes. I feel left in the dark, and with every day that I see forum users defending non-transparent business practices, I feel more and more like this maybe isn't a good mindset for consumers to be in.

But whatever the reason for this is, it's not because they could be using their time to build Axe-FX's instead. Let's kill that fallacy. It's not like they have skilled engineers or assembly workers who have to stop the production line so they can tweet something.

Having said that, stop complaining y'all :D

Recognize that the months of waiting for a chance to buy an Axe-II years ago is now magnified since that unit gained so much popularity and acclaim. I would safely guess that the numbers wanting the new III version is an order of magnitude greater. Most buyers are not members here, and Fractal has the international community as well.

If you really expected swift progress down the waiting list then you grossly under estimated the attraction of a new more powerful Axe. Although I would find a McDonald's like "Over 20K Sold" counter quite amusing, i don't think they have the resources to spare!

Back
Top Bottom