Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

skydog's invite was yesterday, no one has reported activity today. We're at 1/29 9:46am EST...
Yes. Oops. You see, the nickname applies.
Four likely reasons:
1. I was focused on accurately denoting EST vs EDT. (True)
2. I was concurrently applying solvents to an old house refinishing project. (True)
3. Quantum Physics are my thing, but I struggle with absolutely normal, daily routines. (True)
4. I decided not to purchase yesterday, but changed my mind and purchased today, just before posting my times/dates. (True)

Yes. Oops. You see, the nickname applies.
Four likely reasons:
1. I was focused on accurately denoting EST vs EDT. (True)
2. I was concurrently applying solvents to an old house refinishing project. (True)
3. Quantum Physics are my thing, but I struggle with absolutely normal, daily routines. (True)
4. I decided not to purchase yesterday, but changed my mind and purchased today, just before posting my times/dates. (True)
Quantum Physics my thing too! That and technical death metal with cosmological themes...ALKALOID!

So wait, if they make delivery attempt and you miss it and ask ups to hold at a sort facility they won't? I've never heard of that before since they I'd got when you come to pickup your package.
Correct. The latest scam is this: Person places order with stolen credit card. The order uses the name and address of the actual card holder. Just before the order is to be delivered the scammer requests the item be held at UPS for pickup. The scammer or someone in on the scam picks the item up at UPS using a fake ID.

In the early days the scammers would use a different shipping address which made it easy to spot. Now they've got all kinds of methods of getting around the usual fraud prevention techniques.

I’ve received my 2XL+ on 5/9/17...I was lucky to be at home at noon when UPS came.

I just hope to be lucky again for the AF3 delivery. Just months to wait :(

Yep just happened to me. Bought GuitarDojo's Ax8 and he shipped it with signature confirmation and they just dropped it on my porch and didn't even ring the bell.
UPS was sometimes lax about it with me too, until one day when my package actually got stolen. Then they marked my house on alert, and notified me that every package to my place would require signature or in person reception from then on. No more dropping it off even with really cheap small stuff.

Correct. The latest scam is this: Person places order with stolen credit card. The order uses the name and address of the actual card holder. Just before the order is to be delivered the scammer requests the item be held at UPS for pickup. The scammer or someone in on the scam picks the item up at UPS using a fake ID.

In the early days the scammers would use a different shipping address which made it easy to spot. Now they've got all kinds of methods of getting around the usual fraud prevention techniques.

This is causing me a lot of grief lately. I want to order an Axe3 as soon as I get the invite. I live in a high theft apartment and I typically am never home for a delivery. So I am always requesting UPS to hold for pickup at their central location in town. When I order can I specify that I want the package shipped to a UPS facility with hold for pickup instructions? Having packages shipped to my place of work is not an option. If UPS delivered on Saturday it wouldn't be a problem, I could just stay home all day.

Mine is slated for Wednesday delivery so looks like the ups guy will miss me for two days. Going to be painful coming home to those yellow notices and thinking of the fun me and the III would of had....

I’m off Friday for Good Friday so at least on the 3rd and last attempt I should be there to sign for it

This is causing me a lot of grief lately. I want to order an Axe3 as soon as I get the invite. I live in a high theft apartment and I typically am never home for a delivery. So I am always requesting UPS to hold for pickup at their central location in town. When I order can I specify that I want the package shipped to a UPS facility with hold for pickup instructions? Having packages shipped to my place of work is not an option. If UPS delivered on Saturday it wouldn't be a problem, I could just stay home all day.

I think FAS is basically stating they will not ship anywhere but the address associated on the credit card and it cannot be redirected to any UPS shipping center to be held. No exceptions.

Quantum Physics my thing too! That and technical death metal with cosmological themes...ALKALOID!
Yeah same, except I’m too old to grok death metal. In the multiverse, no doubt an infinite number of me love and play death metal. Power to you, mate. Here in this universe, I’m stuck on 1973. I’ve finally mastered it, unfortunately 40-something years too late. Therefore the Fractal (and Kemper). Yay. I finally have a multiverse of amps in one, very light box.

Last edited:
I’m at 09:48 and nothing yet. Guess they worked last weekend to catch up from the Nor’Easter. Gotta take time to recharge and connect with the family.

My thought as well (also at (9:48), and I don't blame them a bit. Hope they all are safe and get plenty of rest, they're doing great work up there.

Look at it this way, Fractal is not Apple or Microsoft. They don’t have the GDP of nations in the bank. Every AxeFX lost due to fraud is keenly felt. I respect their need to protect themselves.
And it’s been their policy for a while. Not specific to the Axe FX III. In my profession, I certainly get it. I have an alternate address approved on my CC, though that may not be possible for everyone.

If only these people would put the same effort they use to scam people into a more positive endeavor.

I take from all of the ansilary posts that no one was notified over the weekend? Also I second the request to please post when you got your confirmation along with the invite.

Back
Top Bottom