Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

I have a very expensive gear hobby/habit and my wife has been very supportive through it all. I just have to keep everything above the table and explain the need. She is surprisingly savvy when it comes to guitar gear.
That’s awesome. My wife is very supportive too and luckily loves the guitar. But we have a deal. I buy guitar gear and she buys purses and shoes. LOL!

My wife is very supportive too and luckily loves the guitar. But we have a deal. I buy guitar gear and she buys purses and shoes.

In my house, I buy gear and she gets another dog. Truth is, I don't mind though. (We have border collies, and she's a sheep herder)

The west coasters need a 1 hour bump on the list due to the early morning original announcement grievance. Sound fair? Just kidding people. I have to keep entertained while I pass the time
Ha, not a bad idea, but I was a lucky west coaster. I was traveling back up from meetings in SoCal to home in Oregon. Stayed with friends the night before and woke up early as I often do. Decided to read forums on my phone, and saw it around 5:40, skimmed the basics and ordered it within about 3 minutes. They had me at twice the power.

I have made $200 in the last dozen or more years from music, and that was one of my electronic pieces that a buddy wanted to use for the music in a video for his wheel company.

I justify my buying because years ago I got out of trying to make money in music and got a halfway decent day job, and figure I can spend my money however I want. If I waited to make enough money from music to buy stuff, I couldn't afford a pick...
Everyone has a different story. That's what much us all more interesting.

The west coasters need a 1 hour bump on the list due to the early morning original announcement grievance. Sound fair? Just kidding people. I have to keep entertained while I pass the time

Sounds good to me. I got on the list at 9:39AM on 1/29. I live in OR though (PST), so that means probably another week or two in line for me... :sob:

10:59am ET 1/29 for me, it’d be nice to go back to that day and pay a little more attention. Oh where are Doc and Marty when you need them...

I will say I’ve had my credit card info stolen and used to create an eBay account which they then used to buy stuff and ship to an address that isn’t mine.

Given my phone is always on me and I got a message regarding the order I was able to quickly prevent it and contacted the merchants to tell them not to ship it, so I do understand where FAS is coming from, but it is frustrating at the same time when you miss a delivery several days in a row because you and your wife work, and they won’t let you make other arrangement like sending to your office or the local ups store which is literally across the street from my place.

I Personally think the ups store is pretty secure as they do requite ID and keep packages locked up in the back until you come for them. That is my choice for all my stuff these days, signature or not, since it won’t be left on my porch all day for anyone to grab.

I guess maybe it’s possible to register a ups store as a billing addrsss with a credit card ? I really just want a secure place to send all my deliveries on a weekly basis and avoid the whole issues of not being home, stuff stolen from the porch etc.

I also u that
UPS has a secure shipping service called Access Points. The purpose is to provide the end receiving customer with an option to have packages shipped to the nearest drop location, often a UPS Store. Very convenient for people who work and aren't home during the day, but it is not generally catching on as well as it should. I work from home, so don't need it myself, but I think it's a great idea for some.

Yes, UPS has shipping centers and other authorized locations that will hold packages that you authorize to be redirected and held.
I use it all of the time as I travel a lot.

The issue is Fractal will not allow this service for the recipient when they ship the unit.

Yeah, i'd love to know how long the wait list. For some reason I happened to not look at the forum so i didn't get notified until the email went out on 2/6. I'm curious to know if there are hundreds before me on the list.

It seems we may be looking at 1 month per day. I am not 100% sure on that but that is my guess so far.

Yeah, i'd love to know how long the wait list. For some reason I happened to not look at the forum so i didn't get notified until the email went out on 2/6. I'm curious to know if there are hundreds before me on the list.
There are.

So wait, if they make delivery attempt and you miss it and ask ups to hold at a sort facility they won't? I've never heard of that before since they I'd got when you come to pickup your package.

Back
Top Bottom