Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Per scalper hate, my own lil story....

It was a year after Megadeth-Rust in Peace album came out. They were doing the Live Rust in Peace video at Bogarts in Cincinnati, Ohio. Tickets were expensive for my broke rear-end, saw the show (let me get back to this part), LOUD as all hell, first time seeing Megadeth and stoked about seeing Marty nail all the leads for Tornado, Hangar, Lucretia, etc. About the 3rd song in, the lights come on and the fire marshall kicks everyone out...end of show. As you can guess, scalpers created tickets that were almost identical and the guys at the door couldn't spot the difference. The guy with the hand-held ticker was on it...probably the most sober guy there. Over attendance, over capacity...done. Everyone screwed.

I know that this comparison really is apples compared to hex-bolt drivers.... but its not always apparent who gets screwed in the end. But I assure you, someone will end up getting screwed. If an unknowing individual buys one without the warranty, and heaven forbid there's an issue, their $2500 unit could end up costing even more ($500 scalping/finder fee + repair out of pocket cost). I think the forum members here are looking out for the consumer's best interest and having a good time with it ;). Now, in the interest of capitalism, the person has done absolutely nothing wrong legally...

Though I never saw the original posting, the seller is posting no warranty and clearly outlined an itemized list of costs for his elevated price...so with that said, I think they've covered their moral bases... iunno... I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't want to have to wait until June to buy one either. At the price it is now and the extra cost associated, why not just send it back and let the existing mechanism distribute accordingly?

Why oh why did I have to be busy with dumb old work to the point that I was unable to check the site, find out about the Axe 3, then send and recieve the waitlist email until 6:07pm.

Well, at least it was on day 1. :)

That sucks man, (almost) same thing happened to me when I tried to go see Black Dhalia Murder and Something Must Die in Frisco. Drove 3 hours to get there because they said they hadn't sold out and you could probably still get tickets at the door. Then waited an hour in line only to have them come out and say someone was faking tickets and it was oversold after all.

as far as scalping AxeFx's, they know what they are getting into, and the buyers know as well. If you're spending 3k without firmly understanding what you're buying into, it's no one else's fault. People are free to value their money how they wish... some are willing to pay a scalpers' premium and some in this thread even decided that 2499 is too much for bleeding edge access. Good for both of them! You've got one life to live and morality isn't decided by mob rule.

waitlist email sent on 1/29 @ 12:11pm
confirmation email - 1/29 @ 12:11pm

Waiting patiently. Well as patiently as I can anyway....

Last edited:
I got my invite and put in my order.
Congrat's CSGBAND!! For all us over enthusiastic waitlisters, can you tell us when you got your waitlist confirmation? I'm sure some analytical musician (not me) on the forum is building a statistical model to approximate their personal wait time....

Got my invite at 1:39 today and ordered!!!! I'm not 100% sure when I got on the wait list but I am pretty sure it was around 9:15-9:30ish on 1/29.

Waitlist confirmation email - 1/29 @ 9:26am eastern
Invitation email - today @ 4:27pm

I was on the road in the middle of a showing with a real estate client when the invitation came in:eek:

Since I definitely have my priorities in order:cool:.......as soon as I finished that showing, I delayed the client from seeing the next scheduled beach condo for about 20 minutes or so, & completed the order at 5:59pm:D

Waitlist confirmation email - 1/29 @ 9:26am eastern
Invitation email - today @ 4:27pm

I was on the road in the middle of a showing with a real estate client when the invitation came in:eek:

Since I definitely have my priorities in order:cool:.......as soon as I finished that showing, I delayed the client from seeing the next scheduled beach condo for about 20 minutes or so, & completed the order at 5:59pm:D

Client: How much is that one?

Willowdale: Immediate deposit of $2,499.00 required and a $49.00 processing fee!!! :)

Sounds reasonable to me!

Back
Top Bottom