Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Lol, he better hope he sells it soon because the more of us that get our invites, the lower the demand will be. Before you know it, he'll have to sell it for the same price or less than the waiting list price since the hard core fans will already have it. The Reverb fees will eat away at the profit as well.
Yep. That was my thinking.

His best chance of selling it at a profit is someone who doesn't know better and didn't get on the waiting list until just recently. Even if I was late to the party, I would rather wait it out and pay the regular price than give my money to someone like that. I didn't get on until 2:35am Eastern on 1/29, so I'm sure it's gonna be a little bit, but that's life.

So it's clear these guys are reading the forum and see what we're saying about this situation because they're referencing it in the Reverb ad. Look, I don't care that you're trying to make a profit, but don't insult everyone on here by saying you're not. If you weren't you would have just returned the unit so someone else on the waiting list could buy it at the normal price. The only reason to sell it yourself for more money is to make a profit. That's not illegal, it's business. However, you should let folks know that they're buying a product no longer protected by the factory warantee.

They also have a really long thread titled Axe-FX III with a bunch of Helix users talking about how much better the UI is... In their opinion. For me the sound is the main thing, and I know Fractal UIs, so no problem for me.

Imagine bragging about your amp because the knobs are easier to grab or read... "Sure your amp sounds fantastic, but look at the faceplate on mine!"

Also, I'm kinda bored with the scalper hate. Don't let me stop you from trolling them on 'verb tho, you're cracking me up. I wouldn't do it, don't think it's worth the risks/reward, but none of my complaints center around the morality of it. They don't increase the wait time any more or in a worse way than the guys getting them to collect dust in a bedroom and play 3 chords through it once a week. You should be able to use your money how you want, to derive pleasure from it how you want. In the end the scalpers just serve as a release valve for all of us who would be wrestling with our impatience anyway. Scalping and dealing with scalpers is it's own punishment, I'm shocked at how few we've seen to be honest.

edit: No offense meant to the people buying this as their dream bedroom amp. There shouldn't be a talent threshold, or a usage requirement attached. I tried to make that clear, but I think maybe I came off as bashing hobbyist players with expendable income.

Glad you got it straightened out and got your invite. What was the issue? They sent an email but you just never received it?

I have no idea! I just noticed that people were getting invites after my time ... I checked in my Junk folder (I use iCloud). But I didn't find anything.

Just to be sure, I contacted Sales to make sure I was on the list.

Andrew kindly wrote me back and let me know he had sent the invite to me yesterday. He sent me another today.

So I'm kind of baffled ... and a little bit worried if my iCloud account is filtering messages in some way that I don't know. I've never had a problem with it before (that I know of).

I have no idea! I just noticed that people were getting invites after my time ... I checked in my Junk folder (I use iCloud). But I didn't find anything.

Andrew kindly wrote me back and let me know he had sent the invite to me yesterday. He sent me another today.

So I'm kind of baffled ... and a little bit worried if my iCloud account is filtering messages in some way that I don't know. I've never had a problem with it before (that I know of).
Well, glad it all worked out bro. Congrats on the purchase!

Only 14 minutes for me, then I can get my life back from obsessively checking this thread!

Back
Top Bottom