Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Invalid argument here since you go on the assumption that wait list requests came in on an even schedule. They could have received 22 email in one 30 minute period, and 223 in another. So if you're (for arguments sake) 5 minutes close to the last person who posted, there's no way of knowing how many people are still ahead of you.

That is true. No one (here) knows for sure.

It would seem that (based on anecdotal data) that there were a lot fewer orders before 9 AM EST since they seemed to get those out fairly quick. Now that we've hit 9 AM EST, I'm guessing we went from the 10's of orders to 100's of orders, thus why things have slowed down and FAS is now looking for another engineer to help assemble.

Just a guess though ... :D

Invalid argument here since you go on the assumption that wait list requests came in on an even schedule. They could have received 22 email in one 30 minute period, and 223 in another. So if you're (for arguments sake) 5 minutes close to the last person who posted, there's no way of knowing how many people are still ahead of you.[/QUOTE]

After re-crunching my numbers I stand corrected. :(

professor-teacher-blackboard-mathematic-formulas-equations-mathematic-CXY3DN.jpg

Impossible to say, i'm at 9:04, and it's going on 2 days since 9:02 got theirs... so it's anybody's guess at this point.
I was the 9:02 and I actually got it yesterday and placed my order. I got the ship confirmation this morning and since I’m in RI ground is overnight so it’ll be here tomorrow morning! One thing to keep in mind is that it seems they are sending invites in the afternoon and not in the am, I’ll think we’ll see invites starting to pump out btw

Henry, we have you on the list at 1/29/18, 10:13 AM

@henryrobinett
I'm sorry. I can't find my confirmation notice or anything on the wait list. I got on the waitlist as soon as I saw it. Was the 29th the first day? I've searched my email and I can find nothing.

Edit - I found it. I guess the date corresponds to the time you were ADDED to the list, not when you signed up. Boo. LOL.

Last edited:
Monday 1/29 EST 9:42am was my date/time - so 40 mins of notification time to go... How many days does this equal until the Golden Ticket? Best guess wins NOTHING...
One minute behind ya at 8:43 am Central time. Tic toc... I'm hoping maybe by the end of the week first of next week? Pure speculation.

Last edited:
:D
Idea: pay $50 to join the waitlist. The $50 is then refunded (or discounted from unit) when and only if you purchase. Makes sure only serious potential buyers are on the waitlist and creates a psychological commitment as well. Plus fractal makes a little money on the people that don’t buy to put back into R&D.

I would have been willing to put more than that as a down-payment, because like most of us here, I am 100% committed to purchasing when I receive that blessed email.
You can pay me $50 and I will vouch for your seriousness

So in a thread full of people who are eagerly waiting day by day, if not hour by hour, with anticipation, your suggestion is that FAS should instead stockpile them for a few months longer and make everyone wait until they can ship a bunch of them at once as to not appear “sketchy” to new customers ?
No. I think the point was to have units ready to ship before the initial release date.

Monday 1/29 before 10am went on waitlist Received email conf right away and then email to buy on Thursday 3/15 and it was just delivered!!!!
Lucky because we also have a storm coming in
Hell yeah!! Happy playing, glad for you that the pending winter storm didn't delay anything.

Man this is depressing! If I am reading this right they are still sending out units from the first day wait-list, and it takes days to go through a few minutes of reservations? At this rate if you are an idiot like me and waited until the 6th to get on it looks like you won't be able to get your hands on one until later in the year. Time to buy from a scalper I guess.

Man this is depressing! If I am reading this right they are still sending out units from the first day wait-list, and it takes days to go through a few minutes of reservations? At this rate if you are an idiot like me and waited until the 6th to get on it looks like you won't be able to get your hands on one until later in the year. Time to buy from a scalper I guess.

You can skip the waitlist and buy one right now off the fractal site. Just have to pay extra. Would be paying a scalper :)

Back
Top Bottom