Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Damn I keep checking and the day one people are talking by the minute. I did not see the notice to get onto the wait list till day 4. I'll be getting an Axe III for xmas?!?

I was in school at the University of Kentucky when John Calipari was hired. I and several of my friends skipped all classes for 3 straight days to watch a low-resolution camera feed of the door to the Memphis athletic facility, hoping he would walk out and answer questions.

That was the last time I have felt this kind of anticipation. I have been anxious since March 1st.

I was in school at the University of Kentucky when John Calipari was hired. I and several of my friends skipped all classes for 3 straight days to watch a low-resolution camera feed of the door to the Memphis athletic facility, hoping he would walk out and answer questions.

That was the last time I have felt this kind of anticipation. I have been anxious since March 1st.
GO WILDCATS!!!

Damn I keep checking and the day one people are talking by the minute. I did not see the notice to get onto the wait list till day 4. I'll be getting an Axe III for xmas?!?

Hey , hey ,......wait a minute. Don't get ahead of yourself. Did you mean THIS Christmas ?

( Joking ). :p Keep in mind , this thing is so new that there are going to be growing pains to go with it for a little while. It will continually evolve ; of course , ( which is a great thing ) but initially I suspect the increasing feedback from more users will result in a multitude of improvements , that later buyers get the benefit of experiencing - IMMEDIATELY.
Hang in there.

Anybody estimate a waitlist conformation email of 1/30/18 @1:23Pm to be over a month or within a few weeks? Trying to plan this out as best I can.

Idea: pay $50 to join the waitlist. The $50 is then refunded (or discounted from unit) when and only if you purchase. Makes sure only serious potential buyers are on the waitlist and creates a psychological commitment as well. Plus fractal makes a little money on the people that don’t buy to put back into R&D.

I would have been willing to put more than that as a down-payment, because like most of us here, I am 100% committed to purchasing when I receive that blessed email.

Monday 1/29 EST 9:42am was my date/time - so 40 mins of notification time to go... How many days does this equal until the Golden Ticket? Best guess wins NOTHING...

Impossible to say, i'm at 9:04, and it's going on 2 days since 9:02 got theirs... so it's anybody's guess at this point.

Idea: pay $50 to join the waitlist. The $50 is then refunded (or discounted from unit) when and only if you purchase. Makes sure only serious potential buyers are on the waitlist and creates a psychological commitment as well. Plus fractal makes a little money on the people that don’t buy to put back into R&D.

I would have been willing to put more than that as a down-payment, because like most of us here, I am 100% committed to purchasing when I receive that blessed email.
What about the people who have the money initially, but something comes up like an unexpected car repair or other emergency during the time it takes to get the invite?

This has been posited before. It doesn't make sense to hire more people just to manage this (who has placed a deposit, refunds for those who don't buy, and inevitable complaints/issues with it.) The present waitlist works just fine. It's more of this guesswork thread that has people more frustrated.

I think 15-20 min a day was the max.

Invalid argument here since you go on the assumption that wait list requests came in on an even schedule. They could have received 22 email in one 30 minute period, and 223 in another. So if you're (for arguments sake) 5 minutes close to the last person who posted, there's no way of knowing how many people are still ahead of you.

What about the people who have the money initially, but something comes up like an unexpected car repair or other emergency during the time it takes to get the invite?

That would ultimately be up to the discretion of the salesperson. There is an all-you-can-eat sushi place in Lexington that says they may charge you extra for any food you order but don’t eat. I have never seen them actually do it.

But it may be also be the case that it is worth $50 to some people just to have a good spot in line, whether they are able to purchase or not. That’s why I said $50 not $500. I know that is a non-trivial amount to some people (including me), but we are talking $50 relative to a $2500 piece of gear.

Damn UPS changed my delivery date to tomorrow. :(

I think they screwed up. It was sent to the distribution center where i usually get delivery from. An hour later it was back towards NH. I could have drove and picked it up at FAS HQ. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom