Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

****buys two****

***sells one for $3,000 even***

;-)

But, seriously. 10:40EST 1/29. I’ve been clicking refresh for weeks. Sold my IIXL, don’t have an AX8, and cannot wait for that big, beautiful email.

I hope a bunch of people don’t buy these and signal that it should have been priced higher.

I also reeeeeallllllyyyyy hope that this speeds up, rather than slows down the waitlist.

Key word that jumped out on that screen shot is "Limited Number", which implies they are still trying to make the waiting list a priority, they just wanted to head off @$$-holes from scalping these things a bit. I think most people would be more inclined to try to check back periodically to catch one of those limited numbers from the official dealer with a warranty than they would to grab one from a reseller without.

Hope I'm not too impatient. Along with playing it live I have it setup in my guitar shop, and it's cool for me to dial up someone's amp when they test drive my guitars. Anyone know if there is a little Walter or Mesa lonestar model within the III?

Was using the "toaster" but sold it for the 3

$3499 is the list price. So, they are offering it at full price to those who are not on the waiting list, or who don't want to mess with the list.

They did the same thing with the AxeFX II. There were only a few units a day offered at full price, and you had to be really lucky to catch them in stock. Once the wait list was processed, the purchase price went down to the waiting list price.

This might be a great way to keep the waitlist going and not worry about folks only buying off the waitlist to re-sell immediately on Reverb/eBay. Yes, it's their right to. I know. But, there are people that actually want to buy one of these to use. Not just try and make a profit :)
... and you gotta feel sorry for the dude that purchased off of Reverb. Had he waited about 24 hours, he’d have a warranty.

Last edited:
No you don't.
I was trying to be nice... the one thing I love about this forum (as opposed to say.... gearslutz), is that for the most part, people here are positive and helpful. Not so much of the snarkiness you see elsewhere. [DSI’s forum is also for positive for any synthesists on here.]

Soooooo no invites sent out today?
I know they were sending out invites all weekend, so I'm sure they are busy shipping those out today and may not be taking in new orders until the process those. I sure hope they arranged an extra pickup today... otherwise the daily pickup driver is likely to poop his pants when he sees this many boxes. LOL

Had no doubts they would come available on the purchase page. Soon as the ebay listing showed up. Every one or two? what ever the limit is slows down the waitlist, but I'd much rather Fractal get the money than the scalpers. Not gonna throw out another $1000 personally.

Back
Top Bottom