Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

I thought about buying two and selling one. Make some money or pay for the FC on my end, and FAS sells another unit that they won’t have to warranty. Win-Win. The sole reason I didn’t, as silly as it sounds, is that I felt I would be taking a III from someone in this forum who wanted one as badly as I did. Not good business sense, but I feel good about it.

As it is, I am totally pumped about my III shipping this week. Gigging with the AX8 is certainly not slumming, but I do miss the switching capabilities of my full rig.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Last edited:
It just illustrates that the product is underpriced for immediate demand. Some will pay more than the listed price to get it faster. If Fractal had run an auction on each of the first units, I'm sure it would have gone for $3500 or more.

Considering the one on eBay hasn't sold yet I don't think it's accurate to say that the product is underpriced for the initial demand. I also don't think we can make the conclusion that a significant number of people would pay more. I am blessed to be able to financially purchase the AxeIII without it presenting a significant burden on my finances, but at $2500 I thought long and hard about spending that money. There's no way I would pay more just to get one a few weeks, or even a couple months, earlier.

Even if it has sold, all it means is that one person was willing to pay $3500. At the pace that FAS is getting the wait list moving I think the market for a unit at an inflated price will disappear quickly, not to mention the bad publicity that FAS offering units for inflated prices would bring. That would really hurt the reputation of the company, at least in my eyes.

I thought about buying two and selling one.

Honestly, I had the same thought and quickly came to the same conclusion. The fact that I could do that didn’t mean that I should do that. I’ll sleep well tonight with my decision and worry about paying for FCs later.

I ended up spending this morning hooking my MFC up to my AX8 to “practice” setting it up in midi mode. That was a really good exercise.

That would really hurt the reputation of the company, at least in my eyes.

There’s a really good episode of the Freakonomics podcast where they talk about secondary markets - primarily as they relate to ticket sales. Reputation and public relations troubles are cited as major reasons for “under pricing” a product - even though economic theory would say you are leaving money on the table (or to others). Great episode if you’re at all interested.

I ended up spending this morning hooking my MFC up to my AX8 to “practice” setting it up in midi mode. That was a really good exercise.
This way was my choice as well, only I used a Digital Music Ground Control as a preset selector so the AX8 could handle FX control. Works decently well!

Last edited:
Got my email on friday and only just ordered - and I am in that odd place of excited and worried.

I KNOW in my head it is amazing, and it is really not so much about the money but the man the AX8 is so awesome and fits in a friggin backpack...and I swore after my old rack days I wouldn't' go back but here I am. Sigh.

1st world problems I know.

Got my email on friday and only just ordered - and I am in that odd place of excited and worried.

I KNOW in my head it is amazing, and it is really not so much about the money but the man the AX8 is so awesome and fits in a friggin backpack...and I swore after my old rack days I wouldn't' go back but here I am. Sigh.

1st world problems I know.
don't sell the ax8!

Considering the one on eBay hasn't sold yet I don't think it's accurate to say that the product is underpriced for the initial demand. I also don't think we can make the conclusion that a significant number of people would pay more. I am blessed to be able to financially purchase the AxeIII without it presenting a significant burden on my finances, but at $2500 I thought long and hard about spending that money. There's no way I would pay more just to get one a few weeks, or even a couple months, earlier.

Even if it has sold, all it means is that one person was willing to pay $3500. At the pace that FAS is getting the wait list moving I think the market for a unit at an inflated price will disappear quickly, not to mention the bad publicity that FAS offering units for inflated prices would bring. That would really hurt the reputation of the company, at least in my eyes.
the one on ebay was the same one that I bought on reverb. the seller has since taken down the listing.

Yep, hard to be patient when you know the quality of the product to come. Will be worth the wait and the price. Always has been...

And just for fun, for those who missed out on the F5 days last time around I’ll let you know I paid 2,599 for my FX II mark 1, direct from FAS. More than the III is today!

These things take time. Unlike some, for a quality company like FAS it's not just a simple matter of talking them off a pallet when they come in putting them in a shipping box, slapping a label on it and sending it out, I'm sure every unit is put on the bench and tested /inspected/updated most likely before they go out.

Back
Top Bottom