Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Congrats to all the brand new owner of the III .... one question: how much did you pay including shipping and handling. I am just curious; the expected price in Europe is about 2700 Euros (that's close to 3200 US $) .... Reading the post from above I expect the price around 2500 US $.

The price is $2499 US plus shipping. For me, shipping to Ohio was $42.73.

I was at 8:47 am. I got my notification today, and after trying to purchase the credit card put a hold on my account! Lol. I guess I never use it and a huge lump sum was suspicious. Well... better safe than sorry. I managed to get my order in finally. I’m a long time axe fx and ax8 user and cant wait to dive into the iii. Anyways , I thought I’d let everyone know what my time was so you can all keep track of how close you are getting! Peace to all. DF.

I did not get on the waiting list until February 7th... how long was the wait for those who got on the waitlist within the first month when the axe-fx II was announced can anybody remember? When I purchased my Ax Fx standard they were in stock had no problem same with the XL in stock ...this is my first time on the waitlist just trying to get a rough idea how long thank you

With all the injustices in the world this seems rather insignificant. If he can sell it for $3500, more power to him. I don't get the idea of athletes making millions of dollars to play a game while people who work in occupations that actually contribute to society and the well being of others make pennies in comparison, but if an athlete is able to get that contract, more power to them.

I debated for a couple of hours before making the decision to buy my AxeIII. I really don't need it, the AX8 is fantastic, and I'm not so sure that I want to go back to the rack/controller setup. I can afford to keep both, but I can't justify keeping both, so the AxeIII is going to have to blow me away for me to go back to the inconvenience of the rack/controller setup. If not, I have two choices, send it back and lose the $45 shipping plus the return shipping cost, or sell it in either the Emporium or on eBay. Personally, I would go with the Emporium and look to break even, but If I did put it on eBay I would have to price it at 13% over my cost since that is what I'll have to pay in eBay/PayPal fees with the hope of breaking even. If the bidding goes higher, so be it. Does that make me a scumbag? In reality, I expect to be blown away and I think the chances of me selling it are less than 1%.

It seems obvious that this guy bought it with the intent of cashing in given the $3500 asking price. But it is possible he played for a day and decided it wasn't significantly better than what he is currently using. FAS also gives buyers the option to purchase more than one. Maybe he bought two? Who knows. It's really between him and the buyer.
I don't like scalping either, but that's what the market allows. The waitlist and desirability of the latest Fractal gear will make it a possibility for the foreseeable future, so I don't hate the player or the game, I just want mine and $2700 is already quite a spend, haha. Also, the list is very likely what makes them retain their value over time, and in the horrible event that I would have to sell mine, I like the idea that I won't eat a huge loss. I hope it's so good that I won't part with it even if I'm homeless, but life is fickle.

Last edited:
I really hate that crap. So in 2 days he decided he didn't need it but he did decide he needed a $1,000 profit. I say BS. Got on the list to sell it for huge profit. I would have more respect if people were just honest. Jeezzz
He did nothing wrong. It's his property and he can do what he wants with it. It just illustrates that the product is underpriced for immediate demand. Some will pay more than the listed price to get it faster. If Fractal had run an auction on each of the first units, I'm sure it would have gone for $3500 or more. I certainly would have paid more to get the first one, while others may wait. So Fractal loses out on the extra revenue. Same with concert ticket sales. So many complain about scalpers but they are just making the market more efficient, as the popular bands are setting their prices lower than what demand will dictate. If the bands used auction to price the tickets, the initial prices would be much higher. I've missed out on many concerts because I couldn't get tickets. I would have paid so much more in an auction. Sometimes I use a broker and it's great because I get what I want and I'm assured a ticket. No waiting in line at the venue or online. Sure, I pay more, but I voluntarily pay for it. Everyone wins. There are all sorts of brokers in this world and they all play a fair role. Sure, there are a few bad eggs, but most are just making a living. Just don't be so quick to judge those reselling something. If they didn't steal if from Fractal, then they have the right to do what they want, even sell just to make a profit.

I don't get it either. If someone is willing to pay then all the best to the seller who took the initiative. I also don't get the attitude of people saying the buyer must be a moron or some other derogatory comment. There are after all, many people that have plenty of disposable cash and very little free time to deal with wait lists etc.

I do not like the CON Man aspect of it. Be honest. State why you bought it instead of saying you spent $2500 and in a day decided you don't need it. BS. Sorry. I wasn't getting down on the guy who bought it, that's his business. I know that. Jeezzzz.
I never said the buyer did anything wrong. Why would I? Thats his business, not mine.
I'm done sorry to interrupt the flow.

"This is a friendly group, which abides by just a few simple rules."
"First and foremost, be civil and courteous. Attacks, insults or harassment of others will not be tolerated."

Seems to me that calling anyone a con man, slimy, or a moron falls under rule #1.

But at the end of the day there is only one person who can make or delegate that decision under rule #6:

"It costs money to host this forum. As such it's not a democracy. The guy who pays the bill (me) has the ultimate say."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom