• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

electronpirate

I don't disagree with you, but the forum activity does tell us about where we are on the wait list. Just a few people per day posting that they received their invite tells us about where things stand. With the lack of activity during the later half of last week, I'll be curious to know where we are today.
Won't get this. There are so many factors that might go into why shipping might be either sped up, or problems that might slow it down. Most of which can be mis-interpreted and would run like wildfire over the interweb'z...good or bad.

AAAND folks here reading tea leaves would plan for an expected delivery date (i.e. sell other gear right before a big gig.,) and hold FAS responsible should they not 'come through'.

Too many downsides. This is as good as we're ever going to get (which is still miles ahead of other organizations who would squash this thread like bug on the windshield...)

Lkdog

Experienced
Won't get this. There are so many factors that might go into why shipping might be either sped up, or problems that might slow it down. Most of which can be mis-interpreted and would run like wildfire over the interweb'z...good or bad.

AAAND folks here reading tea leaves would plan for an expected delivery date (i.e. sell other gear right before a big gig.,) and hold FAS responsible should they not 'come through'.

Too many downsides. This is as good as we're ever going to get (which is still miles ahead of other organizations who would squash this thread like bug on the windshield...)

I actually find the way they are doing it pretty odd to be honest. Announce a major product launch date. Setup a wait list. And then give zero info.

Nothing we can do about it and FAS is not too concerned I am sure with what I think, but other builders give timelines on their wait lists.
If they have 1000 people presently on the end user non pro wait list and they think it will take approximately 10 months to get through that- tell people.
They can also make it clear that supply sources and other issues beyond their control may alter such timelines.

DaveP

Inspired
it's hard to please everyone. This isn't anything new, the waitlist and anticipation is the same as it was in the earlier releases. This thread helps people get an idea of the wait. I don't think Fractal owes anyone insight into the daily workings of their company.
I'm sure there are many variables to take into consideration and if they chimed in every-time someone wanted a detailed explanation nothing would get done.

VegasGuitar

Experienced
Dig into the old posts from when the Axe II was announced and released ............

Besides, Christmas is a great time to receive new gear!!

I don't disagree with you, but the forum activity does tell us about where we are on the wait list. Just a few people per day posting that they received their invite tells us about where things stand. With the lack of activity during the later half of last week, I'll be curious to know where we are today.
The lack of invites is concerning for someone that got the confirmation on 2/3. I ordered a really custom built Rick Turner RN6 in January. It is completed and ready to ship (and that was with changes to almost everything they typically build). Can't believe it is easier to make a custom guitar than a computer box, as high tech as it might be. Starting to consider a AXE8 or 2+. There are some killer deals out there...but I am trying to be patient.

Brues

Inspired
The lack of invites is concerning for someone that got the confirmation on 2/3. I ordered a really custom built Rick Turner RN6 in January. It is completed and ready to ship (and that was with changes to almost everything they typically build). Can't believe it is easier to make a custom guitar than a computer box, as high tech as it might be. Starting to consider a AXE8 or 2+. There are some killer deals out there...but I am trying to be patient.
So you believe it is taking FAS longer to build your Axe Iii than it took to build your custom guitar?
Lol i would not have the patience to deal with this kind of ...... misunderstanding of the situation

Daveis

Inspired
While I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on an Axe 3... I also don’t want Fractal to skimp on quality control on the unit they ship me. I’m good if it takes a few more months than my initial expectation.

So you believe it is taking FAS longer to build your Axe Iii than it took to build your custom guitar?
Lol i would not have the patience to deal with this kind of ...... misunderstanding of the situation
Please enlighten me about "the situation". I'm sure there are others on this forum with the same concern. And yes, it's not a belief but a fact that Turner kept me in the loop with production progress throughout the entire process. They even sent me pictures of the rough cutouts of the flamed maple back and sides as well as the old growth redwood for the top and head stock overlay they selected for my approval..

Kamil Kisiel

Experienced
The production process for each Axe-FX is pretty much the same, what would be the point of Fractal keeping you in the loop on the production of your unit? It would just slow things down for everyone.

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
I imagine there are far, far more people who want an axe III than a custom guitar though.

If these guitar builder fellow got oh say 1000+ orders one morning and you were number 900, how long til you think you would be getting your guitar ?

Rex

Legend!
I ordered a really custom built Rick Turner RN6 in January. It is completed and ready to ship (and that was with changes to almost everything they typically build). Can't believe it is easier to make a custom guitar than a computer box, as high tech as it might be.
Fractal has to build and test many more Axe IIIs. Mr. Turner has to build and test not nearly as many guitars.

You put down your money, and three months later, you almost have your new guitar. Fractal won’t take your money until they have an Axe III ready to ship to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom