Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Not 100% sure, but if you are enrolled in UPS MyChoice they may be able to reroute to the UPS Store at your request. There is most likely a fee associated, but worth a try.

I have my packages held at the UPS facility near where I live & there is no fee involved. I doubt there would be a fee to have them dropped at a UPS store as they have to go there anyway.

The Axe Fx III is taking over southeast Texas!
Lmao! That’s right! I had a buddy order an AX8 after hearing mine at our last show. Another satisfied customer! But I’m so freaking excited for the III. I’ve got a show in San Antonio tomorrow night so I’ll be traveling most of the weekend which should help keep my mind off of thinking about. But come Monday I’ll be tracking!

So, what is the consensus on pace so far? It looks like it’s taken about two weeks to get through about two hours-ish of waitlist. I think it’s safe to say Fractal’s speed will increase as time progresses but also think volume on the waitlist likely spiked hours after the initial announcement. I was a little late and did not get my confirmation in until about 8 PM on 1/30. Like many others here, I’m trying to do the rough math to see when my number might come up. Thanks for humoring me!

Ditto. I think majority of us here got on the waitlist 4-5 hours after the announcement. The waitlist should move at a faster pace once orders are fulfilled for folks on day 1. I got my confirmation around the same time as yours at 7:32 pm PST on 1/30. I hope I will get my invitation within the next 2-3 weeks from now.

I'm in a similar boat. I didn't see the info on the waitlist until 2:35pm Eastern, which is when I signed up. I'm fine with waiting, but damn, it feels like almost everyone I've seen on here either signed up before 10AM or days/weeks later. I haven't seen many people say they signed up later on 1/29 until you posted about 1/30.
Same here. I always check to forum at breakfast (and during lunch) but for some reason on 1/29 I had to go into work early and was busy the whole day. I couldn't believe it when I got home and saw the announcement. I didn't get on the waitlist until 6:40 P.M. CST, and my envy increases with every new post about someone getting an invite. Logic would tell me to stop looking at the forum but I just can't help it. I waited about 4 months for the AX8 and am hoping it won't be that long this time!

I'm in a similar boat. I didn't see the info on the waitlist until 2:35pm Eastern, which is when I signed up. I'm fine with waiting, but damn, it feels like almost everyone I've seen on here either signed up before 10AM or days/weeks later. I haven't seen many people say they signed up later on 1/29 until you posted about 1/30.
I owned an Ultra and had a similar experience when I bought my II. I miss the archaic spreadsheet that we were all contributing to at that time. Even though it was a giant pain and was continuously corrupted and hijacked, at least you had a better sense as to what The queue and pace looked like. I’m just trying to latch on to any hope that I will get one before end of summer.

I was also a little late to sign up. 1/31 10:29pm EST. Not sure how I missed it since I usually browse the forum before bed, but I'm sure regretting it now. I wish had been a little more realistic and hung on to my axe 2 xl+, sold so I would have the money for the 3. I actually thought I could get by for a while going back to using VSTS, bad decision.

So, what is the consensus on pace so far? It looks like it’s taken about two weeks to get through about two hours-ish of waitlist. I think it’s safe to say Fractal’s speed will increase as time progresses but also think volume on the waitlist likely spiked hours after the initial announcement. I was a little late and did not get my confirmation in until about 8 PM on 1/30. Like many others here, I’m trying to do the rough math to see when my number might come up. Thanks for humoring me!
It's just my humble opinion but it appears that the current pace is completing about 15 Mins a day off the waitlist with new notices coming out midday. This is my first time through the process (will be my first fractal) but I have to say its so fun doing this with everyone.

It's just my humble opinion but it appears that the current pace is completing about 15 Mins a day off the waitlist with new notices coming out midday. This is my first time through the process (will be my first fractal) but I have to say its so fun doing this with everyone.
Agree with that. It’s been fun sharing all the excitement with you fine fracalites. I’m almost sad I got my invite today. Actually no... I’m not. LOL!

I went through the wait list thing on the AF2, but I don't remember how long I was on it. I think the waiting is much worse when you already have the money.

Not 100% sure, but if you are enrolled in UPS MyChoice they may be able to reroute to the UPS Store at your request. There is most likely a fee associated, but worth a try.

They will hold any shipment at a UPS Center for you. Just go online or call to do it. No fee for that.
You have to show ID and sign for it, of course.

I was not aware FAS restricts the buyer who is actually paying for the shipping from doing that.

Pretty odd practice by FAS.

Last edited:
Confirmation 1/29, 7:45 AM MST

Invite 3/23, 1:28 PM MST

They will hold any shipment at a UPS Center for you. Just go online or call to do it. No fee for that.

I was not aware FAS restricts the buyer who is actually paying for the shipping from doing that.

I have found that this is a common practice with online sellers shipping expensive stuff, to avoid credit card fraud.

Danny W.

I tried that for my last Fractal order and was unable to. Would love for this to be changed - I always send my sig required packages to a UPS center for the reasons noted earlier.

I think once Fractal get thru the first few hours of the waiting list it will pick up. That day people were frantically signing up as soon as they heard, and I'm sure that rate slowed down a lot once the word had been out and the real hardcore enhusiasts jad already got on. Some people probably took a little while to decide, but i think most of us jumped when we saw the word III. LOL

I think once Fractal get thru the first few hours of the waiting list it will pick up... LOL
Yea, I saw the announcement on the 28th, when there were only 10-15 responses...sent my request to get on the wait list; didn't get a response and I didn't realize it till the 30th...re-placed my wait list request when I got home from work @ 6:00 on the 30th and got a response @6:12pm. Sold my Axe-FX II on March 8...I'm starting to get a nervous twitch...not helping my guitar playing...:(

I have a very expensive gear hobby/habit and my wife has been very supportive through it all. I just have to keep everything above the table and explain the need. She is surprisingly savvy when it comes to guitar gear.
Same here. It does help that I play a couple shows per month. So at least I can justify the expense since I am earning money.

I will say I’ve had my credit card info stolen and used to create an eBay account which they then used to buy stuff and ship to an address that isn’t mine.

Given my phone is always on me and I got a message regarding the order I was able to quickly prevent it and contacted the merchants to tell them not to ship it, so I do understand where FAS is coming from, but it is frustrating at the same time when you miss a delivery several days in a row because you and your wife work, and they won’t let you make other arrangement like sending to your office or the local ups store which is literally across the street from my place.

I Personally think the ups store is pretty secure as they do requite ID and keep packages locked up in the back until you come for them. That is my choice for all my stuff these days, signature or not, since it won’t be left on my porch all day for anyone to grab.

I guess maybe it’s possible to register a ups store as a billing addrsss with a credit card ? I really just want a secure place to send all my deliveries on a weekly basis and avoid the whole issues of not being home, stuff stolen from the porch etc.

Same here. It does help that I play a couple shows per month. So at least I can justify the expense since I am earning money.
I have made $200 in the last dozen or more years from music, and that was one of my electronic pieces that a buddy wanted to use for the music in a video for his wheel company.

I justify my buying because years ago I got out of trying to make money in music and got a halfway decent day job, and figure I can spend my money however I want. If I waited to make enough money from music to buy stuff, I couldn't afford a pick...

UPS has a secure shipping service called Access Points. The purpose is to provide the end receiving customer with an option to have packages shipped to the nearest drop location, often a UPS Store. Very convenient for people who work and aren't home during the day, but it is not generally catching on as well as it should. I work from home, so don't need it myself, but I think it's a great idea for some.

Back
Top Bottom