Axe Fx III vs. vintage 80s Rack

So I updated the firmware and Axe Edit, but I am not seeing 1210 type under the multitap or megatap blocks?
Did you update Axe-Edit as well?
It is the first choice under the Multitap delay.
The updated Multitap delay is absolutely glorious. There is SOOOOO much can do with it, The YA YA Delay is a blast. The 1210 sound fantastic. I cut the delay times way down and it gets a great sparkle type chorus going on.

I could mess with the ring mod in in the Multitap for hours!

Did you update Axe-Edit as well?
It is the first choice under the Multitap delay.
The updated Multitap delay is absolutely glorious. There is SOOOOO much can do with it, The YA YA Delay is a blast. The 1210 sound fantastic. I cut the delay times way down and it gets a great sparkle type chorus going on.

I could mess with the ring mod in in the Multitap for hours!
Which Axe Edit version should I be using? I did the automatic update that prompted when I started Axe Edit.

The 1210 sound fantastic. I cut the delay times way down and it gets a great sparkle type chorus going on.
Hmmm.... More goodies to add to build the ultimate chorus block grouping. Previous best was 17 voices. Sparkle, you say? Sounds like fun and experimentation ahead with FW17....

I used to have a Alesis Quadraverb. A pretty noisy unit but that reverb was awesome.

I had the Quadraverb GT and later the Quadraverb II. Would love to find one again, if just for nostalgia. The Q2 really did a lot for me in the '90s, and with its flexible grid, can kinda be seen as an ancient ancestor of our current Fractal stuff. Ah, the Rotary in that really opened up a lot for me back then....

I used to have a Alesis Quadraverb. A pretty noisy unit but that reverb was awesome.
😂 Lmao … I had four of them stacked in a rack for processing multiple tone modules/synths/edrums.

Bought better and moved up as I could.

I don’t miss all the damn wires, cabling and line mixers.

1EC28FC8-BE2E-4987-A6E3-23A40DD1A2C7.jpeg3F624B03-3011-4801-A0FD-7633C8A51F74.jpegBefore the axe FX III I had a tiny rack by comparison to most here, but together with my Mk IV it allowed me to get a lot of different tones at the touch of button

Getting even these few units to play nice and noise-/ hum-free was pretty involved. Sooo much easier with the AXE FX

Still can’t believe I don’t have an AXE III yet. This thread is getting me close though. I’ve got a few rackmount Boogie amps running to my interface, with a PCM80 and H3500 on sends. Be interesting to hear the differences.

God I don't miss digging around fucking with patch cables in the back of a rack with a mini flashlight in my mouth cuz I forgot my headlamp. Give me an Axe and a cheap laptop. The size of your rack is equal to the size of your headache.

I've found a couple of pics of my old headache
Rear01.JPG
Rear02.JPG
The pedal above is the Eternity Love Pedal, and the black box is the Harmonic Converger by Hadley Radtone. Yes, I have to confess that I did fall victim of his mumbo jumbo publicity and I purchased one, in an attempt to tame the fuzzness of the GT-PRo 😅 At the old forum Cliff demonstrated that it is just a simple filter without esoteric tube-esc organic harmonic witchcraft

Last edited:
I've found a couple of pics of my old headache
View attachment 90391
View attachment 90392
The pedal above is the Eternity Love Pedal, and the black box is the Harmonic Converger by Hadley Radtone. Yes, I have to confess that I did fall victim of his mumbo jumbo publicity and I purchased one, in an attempt to tame the fuzzness of the GT-PRo 😅 At the old forum Cliff demonstrated that it is just a simple filter without esoteric tube-esc organic harmonic witchcraft
image000000_09.gif

Hmm.... Back in my 90's gigging days, I flew a Boogie Mark III, Quadraverb, and Midiverb II. controlled 'em with a Scholz MIDI Octopus and Lake Butler RFC1. Oh, and there was a Scholz guitar compressor that I used a little bit. I thought it worked really well for the time, lots of versatility, and the RFC1 was great for stepping through the songs in the setlists and having 5 "scenes" per song. I even used that controller to send MIDI note on/off messages to play "organ" chords on a DX11 at the end of some Alice Cooper song or other. Loved the Quadraverb at the time.

I still have most of that gear kicking around, scattered here and there. I wouldn't dream of putting that rig back together. I'd take the Axe-FX II out in a heartbeat if I were to play out again. The III stays at home.

Back
Top Bottom