AFIII Axe FX III vs Real FUCHS ODS

They sound very close but I hear slight differences. My ears are highly tuned to this stuff. The two points I made above can be used to eliminate those tiny differences.
They're really close. :) I would be very pleased. That's way closer than f.ex. Kemper Profiles.

While at it, do you have some tips for the Mark series? I keep struggling when comparing the real Mesa Mark series with the amp sims. I feel like the palm mute attack is hard to get as punchy and pointy as on the real amp. The IIC++ amp sim is closest to my Mark V at least.

right, but I get that difference even when using a weber mass versus a two notes captor. However, the tube amp still has an open feel versus a tighter rigid feel. That is a different thing than what my question was. See post #5.

Likely it's due to a model following specific criteria when being played through versus real life variances that happen in the circuit?? Just trying to get some guidance on things to try in an effort to get that slight variation closer.
Try what Cliff suggested and see if that compensates the difference.
Other load boxes would still have a different impedance curve than the default settings of the amp model.
In addition to what Cliff said, the presence pot taper could be different too, at least according to the wiki:
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Amp_block#PRESENCE_.2F_HI_CUT

P.S.: if those are not reactive loads I think their impedance curve is probably pretty flat, so you should turn LF and HF resonance to 0 in the Axe FX to match it.

Last edited:
They sound very close but I hear slight differences. My ears are highly tuned to this stuff. The two points I made above can be used to eliminate those tiny differences.
Man, I really wish your valuable input could be amplified in some way. I have so many friends that use Fractal units and don't understand manuals and don't ever check these forums, so they miss everything that is in here. I know you're not a social media guy, but if you ever spent some time doing a couple YouTube videos on how to properly use and tweak the amp block, they would be monumental.

Back
Top Bottom