AFIII Axe-Fx III Violin

Thank you for sharing the recordings and the preset.

While playing your amazing patch, the melody of Asia "Only Time Will Tell" came to my mind.

I reduced the Attack Time at the Synth, the length of the Delay and Reverb, and I got a cool Geoff Downes' Synth tone.

I used a MIDI track and I recorded the intro. Synth and guitar parts recorded with the Axe-FX.

I tried to upload it to Soundcloud several times (just 30 seconds of music), without using the names "Asia" or "Only Time Will Tell" but they don't even allow to click the "Send" button, for violation of Copyright!!

LOL. It seems like their algorithm thinks that it is an exact copy of the original :p

It looks like your track

"Axe-FX III Synth"

might contain or be a copy of "Only Time Will Tell" by Asia, which is owned by owned by Caroline Third Party in certain territories.

As a result, your track has been removed from your profile for the time being.

– Wait SoundCloud, I think I have the rights to this!

If you think we've made a mistake, you can tell us about it by following the link below and filing a dispute. You can file a dispute if:

• we've wrongly identified the track
• we've correctly identified the track, but you have the rights to post this to SoundCloud - for example, because you are the copyright owner or have permission from the copyright owner(s).

So I have uploaded it to Dropbox. Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hpues3f0lbf9dw/Axe-FX III Synth.wav?dl=0

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the recordings and the preset.

While playing your amazing patch, the melody of Asia "Only Time Will Tell" came to my mind.

I reduced the Attack Time at the Synth, the length of the Delay and Reverb, and I got a cool Geoff Downes' Synth tone.

I used a MIDI track and I recorded the intro. Synth and guitar parts recorded with the Axe-FX.

I tried to upload it to Soundcloud several times (just 30 seconds of music), without using the names "Asia" or "Only Time Will Tell" but they don't even allow to click the "Send" button, for violation of Copyright!!

LOL. It seems like their algorithm thinks that it is an exact copy of the original :p

So I have uploaded it to Dropbox. Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hpues3f0lbf9dw/Axe-FX III Synth.wav?dl=0

That sounds great! You definitely nailed the main riff, and no glitches! :)

I had experimented with several variations of the patch and when I get caught up with work in a few weeks, I'll revisit and upload if I come up with something useful :)

This is easily the best sounding Violin patch Ive tried...Dweezil’s was pretty good, but he hasn’t yet whipped out his III for public consumption , and it is apparent that the addtional horsepower of the III really helps put stuff like this over....Thanks , @NeoSound

I've got a cello patch that's a another wip. It's based on the violin patch & ir above. I wanted to set my foot controller up to control more things in the patch, so I've kinda been waiting on the fc and combine the cello with the above patch.

I had a nice patch for an organ (may be one in the factory presets?) and will be working on it soon.

Hey Neo!

Did you ever get to posting your Cello Patch? I have a Christmas Concert coming up and got a request for something Cello-ish.

V2:

I read about synth violins quite a while the other day and rebuilt the synth to be more violin-like. Bowed instruments create a sawtooth wave form I have discovered :). There's target frequencies but I just tuned by ear :). I believe the only param I didn't change was the attack from the other patch.

I also tuned the resonator block to sound a better to my ear.

Gate is set high, cleans up unwanted finger noise that triggers the synth.

I've mixed the 4 ir files in cablab so now there is only one cab file to deal with. Use it and mute the other 3 slots.

I added the faster delay/voice settings from the variation clip above. There are two speeds a slow and much faster harmony section. Probably the ultimate would be to tie the time settings to an expression pedal to vary them in real time.?

I reworked the plex delay and I think it sounds much better now for ambience.

I play through all eight scenes below. I'm still fighting with scene changing on my liquid foot12+ controller. I have expression and patch changes working but haven't figured out how to change scenes yet? Can someone point me to help with that? In the meanwhile I'm still twisting the front knob between scenes which makes it hard to not screw-up the recording in one take.

Mine just sounds like a synth...maybe I am doing something wrong. I set the proper IR. Any ideas?

This is the most hilarious thing ever. After playing this preset a few times with my phone nearby, Facebook started dropping ads for fiddlershop.com because their eavesdropping software thinks I play violin. It sure seems to have fooled someone I guess.
Now that's just creepy.

This is the most hilarious thing ever. After playing this preset a few times with my phone nearby, Facebook started dropping ads for fiddlershop.com because their eavesdropping software thinks I play violin. It sure seems to have fooled someone I guess.

Yeah I’d be kinda creeped out.

Lol!!! The net is stalking us :eek:

Back
Top Bottom