AFIII Axe-Fx III Violin

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
I've been translating the violin ensemble patch @simeon came up with a few years ago. It's still a work in progress. The synth settings are somewhat different from the original, no drive and no compressor. There are 8 intelligent pitch voices instead of four. Also a extra quad tap delay (2 now). The cab block has 4 irs mixed. I'll upload the patch when I get finished, it's been a lot of work.

There's some noise when I'm changing scenes with the front panel, didn't pause recording :)

Scenes:
1: Cathedral violin
2: Multi violins
3: Harmony violin
4: Multi Harmony violin

Using the synth block in the III my first thought was, the tracking isn't doing as well or is about the same. After playing around with the settings in this patch I notice a definite improvement in the tracking. The patch on the II was easy to glitch (probably my sloppy technique :)) no matter the settings. This patch seems to be more forgiving and track better (much less glitching).

I don't remember the step feature in the intelligent pitch shifter but it's a cool effect, maybe not for use in this patch but interesting :)

Thats so awesome .I had a cellos and violins patch on my 2 that I used occasionally but yes it could glitch pretty easy with a string slide
this sound great .. did you or are you possibly thinking of translferring the Bagpipes one as well

I've been translating the violin ensemble patch @simeon came up with a few years ago. It's still a work in progress. The synth settings are somewhat different from the original, no drive and no compressor. There are 8 intelligent pitch voices instead of four. Also a extra quad tap delay (2 now). The cab block has 4 irs mixed. I'll upload the patch when I get finished, it's been a lot of work.

There's some noise when I'm changing scenes with the front panel, didn't pause recording :)

Scenes:
1: Cathedral violin
2: Multi violins
3: Harmony violin
4: Multi Harmony violin

cool like to get the patch!

I actually know that patch. Ok double the voices of course makes a difference!

Well I don't really NEED such a patch, but would be super cool to play something like this at a soundcheck and look into the other's faces :cool:

Awesome work @NeoSound

I've used Simeon's patch to cover violin parts when our keyboard player is out, and it works well. I'll be glad to get this back on the III !

Pretty amazing!

I spent a few decades with analog string ensembles and then low bit pcm sample playback keyboards and didn’t get close to that level of realism

Amazing it’s coming from a guitar processor

Back
Top Bottom