Axe Fx III user gigs with FM9 for the first time

Just tested to be sure.

If the switch is momentary and held down during a scene or program change, the controlled items stay at the "on" value. A latching (stays on or off until you stomp it again, then switches to the other state) switch would do the same thing. They essentially act like two-position controller pedals - i.e., on or off, nothing in between. If that's what you're referring to as a "generic" CC IA, then, yes, that's what it does.

That said, you can do things with the physical switches themselves to get both momentary and latching on the same CC#. I was doing that in the '90s for Leslie rotor speed control back in the '90s with my Quadraverb II. A pair of SPDT switches, one momentary, one latching (wired up like the 3-way switches at either end of your hallway or staircase) will do that. Bump up to DPDT switches and add an LED, a resistor, and a battery, and you can even have it indicate its status. :) Also, some of the available pre-built switches can switch between momentary and latching, IIRC....
Most midi controller IA switches are momentary... The Expression IO gives you the option to fake a latching behavior, so that's kind of cool.

Thanks for testing and reporting!

Joe's post gives me some hope that once I learn how to program my MC8, I'll be able to do a lot of sweet stuff with minimal presses!

Glad OP's gig went fairly smooth.

Back
Top Bottom