Axe-Fx III USB "Wet" Recording Volume Low

monkeymanx

Inspired
When looking at the Axe FX III's output meter it looks like I'm around -6db peaking. When I record the USB output which would be what I hear form output 1/2 it registers around -18db in Cubase. It doesn't make sense to me but it looks like the output on the Axe FX III at 0db would be 12db or so in Cubase on a recorded track. I've been boosting the tracks up so they have some volume.

The actual sound is fine. The USB output from Cubase sounds fine. The dry input track I record simultaneously sounds fine and is what I would expect from the DI. I just thought the output on the meter form my amp preset would match what it is putting into Cubase when I record the wet track. Has anybody else noticed this?

I was looking at the meters in Axe Edit which doesn't seem to reflect that actual output or the USB output. Axe Edit shows clipping but the meter section on the actual Axe FX III face looks fine and doesn't show any clipping.

Glad I saw this - I was wondering why my inputs to DAW were low as well. I must have changed it at some point but it was -3. Took it to zero and fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom