Axe-FX III USB latency compensation in Windows environment and Axe EDIT III freezing

Mladen

I want to ask if somebody from Fractal know that something is being solved with the problem of Axe-FX III USB latency and inconsistency with settings in the DAW in Windows environment?
Axe FX III MIDI over USB is also suspicious to me due to the freezing of Pro Tools 12.5 with Axe EDIT III turned on at the same time.
Will there be any USB driver update or firmware update that will solve this? I know that it is more stable now with the setting at 16, but things still need to be adjusted there. However, this is a 3000 device and much cheaper audio interfaces solve this problem without problems.

Absolutely no issues/problems here under Windows 10 Pro 21H2 with Cubase Pro 12.0.20 using the Axe FX III as main audio interace (and the master of all guitar sounds, with Axe Edit III). Might be a ProTools issue or so?

Absolutely no issues/problems here under Windows 10 Pro 21H2 with Cubase Pro 12.0.20 using the Axe FX III as main audio interace (and the master of all guitar sounds, with Axe Edit III). Might be a ProTools issue or so?
I know that the Axe FX III is a superb device, Cliff made a legend and I am very happy with it, it sounds majestic and has adjustments and modeling like a dream, but here it is Pro Tools 12.5 and not Cubase, but why when Pro Tools is a superb DAW and with it none audio interface has no problems with MIDI over USB and USB latency consistency in general even with a very cheap audio interface.

Last edited:
Some times ago I tested Protools under Windows cause a new Cubase version was buggy again. I experienced several severe bugs in Protools under Windows (Masterkeyboard(s) are not recognized, remote controls were not recognized, some plugins couldn't be used ...). Since then I'll always remember that Windows and Protools don't match imo.

I want to ask if somebody from Fractal know that something is being solved with the problem of Axe-FX III USB latency and inconsistency with settings in the DAW in Windows environment?
Can you provide some specific examples of the issues you're seeing?

Ask any of the "faces" down the bottom of Fractal's front page which DAW is used to record them. I'd say there would be a 95% hit-rate on Pro Tools. So...

While everyone rocks out with their socks out... bedrooms... cover-band Fridays... let's get real. There is one professionally accepted application. It's even more so in the film world. I show on Monday with a Reaper session... I don't work.

Are Avid complacent... unfortunately... yes. But if there's one DAW Fractal should work with... well. Anyway...

Best to all

Back
Top Bottom