AXE FX III USB Firmware Release v1.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify - this is the firmware in the AxeFx3 box itself, NOT a USB driver for the computer, right? Given that I'm a Mac user, and not having any timing or latency issues, does anyone know if this firmware update will affect me in any way whatsoever? Or do I risk causing problems by installing something I don't need?

Just to clarify - this is the firmware in the AxeFx3 box itself, NOT a USB driver for the computer, right? Given that I'm a Mac user, and not having any timing or latency issues, does anyone know if this firmware update will affect me in any way whatsoever? Or do I risk causing problems by installing something I don't need?
I was about to ask the same thing.

This thread has been left here and not with the ones pinned on the top of this section. What we should do?

This is NOT the driver that you install on your OS. You actually flash the Axe-FX itself. It's purpose is to help with some of the issues outlined here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/latency-reporting-to-daw.177908/post-2224971. However there has been confirmation from at least a couple people that it is hasn't made much of a difference (if any).

That being said, the issues it attempts to resolve are something you DEFINITELY would want fixed if you record/reamp with the Axe-FX.

Edit: The instructions in the download include the following excerpt:

Unlike DSP firmware, which changes sound and features, USB firmware changes the way your Axe-Fx III boots up and
how it interacts with a computer. Version 1.11 includes changes related to unstable USB Audio latency.
This update is recommended for all Axe-Fx III units with USB versions older than 1.11.

my usb was version 1.08 guess i missed a few...

by the way the READ ME file has a type in the second section - it says

"To install USB Firmware Version 1.10, please follow these important instructions:"

should be 1.11 ,,,

Does this do anything to help with losing the AxeFx as an audio source with Win10? I've lost count on how many times I have to power cycle both AxeFx and PC to regain audio.

Does this do anything to help with losing the AxeFx as an audio source with Win10? I've lost count on how many times I have to power cycle both AxeFx and PC to regain audio.
No.

May be worth opening another thread with more specifics about your issue and maybe someone can help isolate what's going on.

You have surges/sags/spikes Line Noise (EMI/RFI) so on... in your electrical system, pay attention, it is possible that you need to obtain Power Conditioner device to solve your problem. There was a thread here about all this issue.

Axe-Fx III Mk II Turbo
FW 19.01
USB 1.10

Mac mini 2018 3,6 GHz Intel Core i3 quad-core 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
macOS 12.2.1
Logic Pro 10.7.2

I have no latency issue @amandio is it suggested to update anyway or I should stay with the USB FW I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom