Axe-Fx III USB Audio Driver version 5.10 (Windows)

I'm just updating my AxeFX III as I've been away from my gear for awhile. Axe-edit III opened up fine and I updated fractalbot and to FW15.01
I then updated USB driver, rebooted and on reboot cannot get Axe-edit to connect at all, same exact cables, all checked. Tried setup again and now stuck and unable to use axe-edit. Help!

I'm just updating my AxeFX III as I've been away from my gear for awhile. Axe-edit III opened up fine and I updated fractalbot and to FW15.01
I then updated USB driver, rebooted and on reboot cannot get Axe-edit to connect at all, same exact cables, all checked. Tried setup again and now stuck and unable to use axe-edit. Help!

Try going into the Axe Edit preferences and reselecting the Axe III in the input/output drop downs. For some odd reason I had to do that this time to get it to connect.

For me, the only thing that finally worked, was UNINSTALLING the USB driver, before reinstalling...

My music PC is on Windows 7. I haven't updated to the latest driver version, and as far as I know, everything is working fine. I've backed up and updated firmware, no issues.

Is there any reason to update? If it ain't broke...

Do I understand right that the new driver was needed because of a Windows update? Maybe that didn't make it to Win 7, since it's way out of support.

In AXE Edit, I had to reselect the ports in Settings, Preferences to make it connect. Thanks to Mark Day for all the quick help he provided! I also had to do some things in Windows Device Manager, like uninstall the old AXE FX III device, and let it reinstall itself.

I keep getting audio dropouts in Studio One with this new driver. Comes and goes and sometimes it just drops and I have to reboot everything. Never happened with the previous one. Thinking of rolling back. I'll report if it's solved.

can you help me?
after some time the FX3 no longer functions as a sound card
no longer receives PC audio (win10)
I am forced to reboot the FX3
It's getting stressful

The last time I updated the USB driver, I had serious problems connecting. I had to call Fractal support and it took us about an hour to get the issue resolved. I had to delete all references to Fractal in Device Manager, reboot, etc.. AXE would not connect to my computer. Be careful with the USB update.

Can someone please, please help? I am a new owner of the III and also own the FM3. The III was working flawlessly with the current USB 5.10 driver until I ran Axe Edit III and FM3 Edit at the same time with both units connected to my computer and powered on at the same time. Axe Edit III froze so I rebooted. Since then, the Axe FX III will not connect to my computer. It attempts but it seems like the diver (?) keeps starting and stopping continuously. Even with Edit III closed, if I open the FASUSBAudio Control Panel, I can see the driver continuously starting and stopping. I've attached a short clip of what's going on.

Steps taken:
uninstalled the FM3 USB driver​
uninstalled III USB driver​
uninstalled Fractal Audio Control Panel​
deleted corresponding USB installation folder in Windows​
reinstalled III USB driver​
uninstalled III USB driver and tried previous version​
uninstalled previous version and reinstalled current version of USB driver​

I rebooted my computer after each step to clear cache. I've tried different USB cables. I've used different USB ports... I still can't connect the Axe FX III to my computer. There are no driver conflicts showing in device manager. I'm out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Attachments

• 20210508_142934_1_1.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 2
Can someone please, please help? I am a new owner of the III and also own the FM3. The III was working flawlessly with the current USB 5.10 driver until I ran Axe Edit III and FM3 Edit at the same time with both units connected to my computer and powered on at the same time. Axe Edit III froze so I rebooted. Since then, the Axe FX III will not connect to my computer. It attempts but it seems like the diver (?) keeps starting and stopping continuously. Even with Edit III closed, if I open the FASUSBAudio Control Panel, I can see the driver continuously starting and stopping. I've attached a short clip of what's going on.

Steps taken:
uninstalled the FM3 USB driver​
uninstalled III USB driver​
uninstalled Fractal Audio Control Panel​
deleted corresponding USB installation folder in Windows​
reinstalled III USB driver​
uninstalled III USB driver and tried previous version​
uninstalled previous version and reinstalled current version of USB driver​

I rebooted my computer after each step to clear cache. I've tried different USB cables. I've used different USB ports... I still can't connect the Axe FX III to my computer. There are no driver conflicts showing in device manager. I'm out of ideas. Can someone please help?
Sounds like you should contact Fractal Support. They're great.

Back
Top Bottom