Axe-Fx III USB Audio Driver version 5.10 (Windows)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Fx III USB Audio Driver version 5.10 for Windows is available to download from the link below. No Driver is required for Mac OS X.

This driver addresses a timeout issue some have experienced when making backups with Fractal-Bot. It is recommended that all customers using Windows install the updated driver.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/

By the way, Line6 provides a driver for Helix in OS X which allows users to adjust the volume which is otherwise greyed out. Could we do that as well? ;-)

Where do I find the previous driver ? I ran the set-up multiple times and it fails each time ... !

I much prefer the situation that OS X users do not have to install a driver at all for the III and the FM3.
You don't need to install the driver at all if you are happy to control your macbook's volume from Axe Edit III. But the driver could allow the rest of us to do that :)

** UPDATE **

I got it to install by ....

1. 1st uninstalling the previous version
  2. Re-Starting my computer
  3. Then installing the new version

I don't care ..., but I have to say I've never had to do that w/ any other Fractal supplied software that I can remember ?

ALL GOOD now though !

THANKS !

** UPDATE **

I got it to install by ....

1. 1st uninstalling the previous version
  2. Re-Starting my computer
  3. Then installing the new version

I don't care ..., but I have to say I've never had to do that w/ any other Fractal supplied software that I can remember ?

ALL GOOD now though !

THANKS !

I downloaded the driver, ran as admin, and it uninstalled the 4.x driver as part of the 5.1 installer. Works fine for me. (Win10x64)

I meant the mac OS's system volume control, it's currently greyed out, e.g.

I believe this issue is with Mac OS rather than the USB driver. I have the same problem when I connect an HDMI monitor that has speakers in it, it disables volume control on the laptop. You can try SoundFlower to route your audio, it has a plugin with a volume slider.

I believe this issue is with Mac OS rather than the USB driver. I have the same problem when I connect an HDMI monitor that has speakers in it, it disables volume control on the laptop. You can try SoundFlower to route your audio, it has a plugin with a volume slider.
Not sure which side the problem lays, Line6 Helix has the same issue, however, after I install their Mac OS driver, the volume bar is no longer greyed out and works as expected.

Back
Top Bottom