Axe Fx III Updating Question

gigawatt

Experienced
So, I live on the 7th floor of an apartment building, and free internet is in the lobby. Recently I talked to support about an issue and had to "de-rack" my Axe, bring it down to the lobby, and hook it up to my laptop for an internet download. It's a lot of work unplugging all the cables and taking out the Axe from the rack case, I didn't really expect to move it much once everything was in place.

My question is; for updating, can I download the update downstairs and store it on my laptop, then bring it upstairs, plug in the USB cable, and load the update into the Axe Fx?

Also, can I use Axe Edit III without being connected to the internet?

Thanks for your help :)

the Axe-Fx III and Axe-Edit does not require the internet to use.

yes you can download the file downstairs then take it upstairs and update your Axe.

I would also keep the downloads provided you have the space on your laptop in case you feel the need to revert back to a previous firmware.

So you only use the internet when you go to the lobby? I guess you have internet on your phone though, correct? If so, why not just use your phone as a Hotspot?

Last edited:
I sometimes download the firmware to Dropbox on my phone or iPad and then transfer to my MacBook - no need to have that awkward moment with the doorman.

Do I need internet to use the interface?

Oh, and is there a way to download Youtube videos? I know there used to be.

Back
Top Bottom