Axe FX III Tuner Accuracy

Megadebt

Experienced
please discuss

I'm thinking about buying a Peterson Strobostomp to put in front of the Axe Fx III's input. Wondering if there is any real benefit.

One time, I compared the strobe on the Axe with my Turbo Tuner strobe and I couldn't tell a difference. I still use the Turbo Tuner for live work because the strobe mode doesn't work with the FC.

The Peterson other than having a great name :), has sweetened tunings, and other stuff the axe does not. That being said, the Axe is very accurate and quick.
I use sweetened tuning on the Axe and have since the Axe II. It's in the offsets of the tuner menu. Very handy,

I do notice that when I am using an Eb guitar (all strings tuned down half step from standard_
yes but you are entering them in by hand, the peterson has a ton selectable and ready to go. big difference.
Sorry not understanding....you enter the offsets once, then click "Use Offsets" and that is it. I use them for all hard rock bands I play in, but if I am playing classic rock, pop, or with another guitarist I simply turn the offsets off. It's actually quite simple.

I do notice that when I am using an Eb guitar (all strings tuned down half step from standard_

Sorry not understanding....you enter the offsets once, then click "Use Offsets" and that is it. I use them for all hard rock bands I play in, but if I am playing classic rock, pop, or with another guitarist I simply turn the offsets off. It's actually quite simple.

Not an expert in this, just merely stated something to help him inform his purchasing decision. A quick google showed me that the peterson has: StroboStomp HD - 135 Tuning & Sweetener Presets

so if that is important to him he might want to use the peterson.

Get the Peterson if you're using different 'sweeteners'.

I personally just use the offsets in the Tuner, but I only need one. Seems to me you could use the pitch block to create your own per-preset.

It's not a terrible idea for the 'Wish List' section tho (please post there if you are inclined.)

The best purchase (after the AFX3 or course) was my vintage 70’s Peterson Strobe tuner. Amazingly accurate.

I am making a concerted effort to use the FC-6 and 2 EPs only... but if I were to add a pedal to my board, it would be a tuner. I’m going wireless tho, so it’s a moot point.

Back
Top Bottom