Axe-Fx III tone is amazing

Sleestak

Power User
In preparation for upcoming shows, I've been making some adjustments to my AxeFX III. The band got together last night for a tech rehearsal, and my bandmates repeatedly complimented my guitar tone. The only changes I made since the previous shows were pretty minor - mostly tuning the gain structure in the amps.

These are people who have heard me play for YEARS, and they spontaneously commented on how great the guitar sounds in the rehearsal room. Nothing secret going on here... Stratocaster + AxeFX + XiTone powered speaker. This is an exciting time to be a guitarist, when we have the ability to create fully realized studio tones at every gig.

I'll say it again: the AxeFX has improved my playing. Over the past five years I have refined my playing technique to take advantage of the dynamic response of the amps and cabinets in the AxeFX.

I love the the Axe FX III sounds one great sound to another and I’ve lost a couple of hours. It is amazing the amps, effects, speaker cabs, etc.
It just makes you want more every time I get plugged in pure awesomeness!
And I have not yet received my Fc12 but it will be here next week sweet!;):D:)

Yup, the sounds from my axe are AMAZING and inspiring!!

The sound coming from my fingers though.....well....that needs a firmware update :D

Amen brother. I’ve gotten lots of compliments on my tone since switching to Fractal. Even lots of guys peeking behind our stage scrims to see what I have back there. :p Had several friends buy AX8’s and Axe III’s after hearing mine. As mentioned above it makes me play and sound better and makes me want to play more.

Last edited:
Yes.

I enjoy what I get out of the Axe-FX so much more than when I was fighting tube amps routinely. It gives me the sound I want at the volume I want, rather than the other way around!

Back
Top Bottom