Axe-Fx III tone/feel vs. Kemper?

What if you could have Mary Ann and Ginger??????

You mean like two amps at once?

giphy.gif

I've owned a few Kempers (head > rack > powerrack) and one thing that annoyed me for Live use is that one profile doesn't work through all the gain levels I wanted unless I wanted to rely upon pedals for gain. So for a five-part song, Verse would be one profile, Crunch the same profile with a pedal, but then Solo 1 and Solo 2 would have to be a different profile if I wanted the amp significantly more boosted or cut in any way, and Bridge might be a third profile yet. Even the latest Kemper Stage tutorial video shows this, different profiles within the same song to deal with different gain needs. It triggers something in me where it doesn't make sense and gets in the way of my creativity - why can't I just tweak the underlying amp like I would on other products or in real life, instead of hoping I can find profiles of the same amp/cab at different settings (good luck with that!)?

I'm very content with how Fractal fits my workflow and my tonal preferences.

Can someone remind me what type of equipment this thread is about :p

Us guys really get aroused when we talk about our gear :) LOL!!!

I always thought bailey/loni, was intentionally trying to recreate the Mary Ann ginger dynamic.

Pretty sure Gibson would sue if you didn’t “play authentic” ...so ginger and loni are out.

what are you doing in my Home Studio?!...seriously, your findings echo mine....curious , which DSP setting you use on the MBritt?
LoL!

My friend's living room where we did the test is like typical man cave acoustics that you hear in playthroughs on YouTube. I figured that was better than using my recording or mixing spaces, which do not seem to be typical for most players.

Flat mode sounded best with these settings:

Attachments

• media-1564016494524-Jul_24_2019_9_00_PM.jpg
    media-1564016494524-Jul_24_2019_9_00_PM.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom